What did you get for Christmas - 2022

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CorpsVet

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That was the point, you shouldn't have to "pay" for gifts from them to you. They should pop in with a card, pie, bottle of whiskey, or whatever you're into. Ignoring those you love at Christmas says a lot about how you feel about them.
"Thank you so much, Jack, for this paper weight made from the tail light assembly from a '57 Plymouth, I shall treasure it forever!" "Which credit card is it charged to?"

I am retired, have zero debt, no mortgage or car payment(s),my income is more than my expenses, I give the members of my family $5K each Christmas and birthday.

I am not "ignored" I go to family functions, reunions, birthdays, etc.

Did not know starting this was going to be such an issue

Hirschkopf

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dear wife (DW) got me the usual stocking stuffers: coffee; box of dark chocolate cherry cordials; and box of dark chocolate covered macadamia nuts.

Our church pastor buys himself a new firearm each year for Christmas and wraps it for himself (as from his wife). I figured that's a fine example to follow. So, this year I wrapped the boxed Kimber K6S I bought in October but never showed to anyone. Hid it under the sofa until it was "daddy's turn" to open a gift. DW was happy I got exactly what I wanted 😁

I'm also calling the leather OWB holster I ordered for it part of the gift.

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
"Thank you so much, Jack, for this paper weight made from the tail light assembly from a '57 Plymouth, I shall treasure it forever!" "Which credit card is it charged to?"

I am retired, have zero debt, no mortgage or car payment(s),my income is more than my expenses, I give the members of my family $5K each Christmas and birthday.

Im an Orphan! 😀

TinkerTanker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I guess I misunderstood.
In your "zero, bupkis" etc. post it sounded like your family ignored you and just took gifts. I think we got our wires crossed in there somewhere.
My apologies.

As a side note, a paper weight made from the tail light assembly of a 57 plymouth sounds pretty awesome, to be honest.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dear wife (DW) got me the usual stocking stuffers: coffee; box of dark chocolate cherry cordials; and box of dark chocolate covered macadamia nuts.

Our church pastor buys himself a new firearm each year for Christmas and wraps it for himself (as from his wife). I figured that's a fine example to follow. So, this year I wrapped the boxed Kimber K6S I bought in October but never showed to anyone. Hid it under the sofa until it was "daddy's turn" to open a gift. DW was happy I got exactly what I wanted 😁

I'm also calling the leather OWB holster I ordered for it part of the gift.
Hope you like your K6s. I’m kind of on the fence about mine.

Latest posts

Top Bottom