What do y'all think of Colt?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie1907

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Seems like they are still stuck in their ways of just making 1911's. I will say its nice they lowered their prices. Anyone buy a new colt? still reliable? What do you think of them? Still seems like they are behind the times in not producing a polymer pistol.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They have their classic line of pistols. I don't see Colt making a striker fired or plastic pistol like Glock. They have discontinued several classic pistol and directed their rifle sales to LE and Military.

surjimmy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There 1911's are better then they have been for a long time, I have a new LW Commander and had the Wiley Clapp Commander. Outstanding guns both of them.

Okie1907

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They have their classic line of pistols. I don't see Colt making a striker fired or plastic pistol like Glock. They have discontinued several classic pistol and directed their rifle sales to LE and Military.

I don't expect them to be like Glock just make something desirable. Not that their current line isn't but they have more competition now. That or bring back some revolvers. No not the snake line, I know that's not possible with the price to produce.

MadDogs

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I bought the TALO Colt Concealed Carry Government las year. Have run a mix of over 500 rounds through it with zero issues and excellent accuracy. While the fit and tuning is outstanding my only negative is the finish ... It looks like they used blue water colors.

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just bought a brand new Colt Gold Cup Trophy last month. I love it. I really don't see Colt going to a polymer frame pistol.

Attachments

• Colt Gold Cup Trophy 45cal...png
    Colt Gold Cup Trophy 45cal...png
    166.4 KB · Views: 171

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think they are fine; just fine. I hope they don't get into the polymer market. That would almost be a shame, as far as I'm concerned.

Latest posts

Top Bottom