What do you keep in your car?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The gun I don't keep in the car, usually on me. I'm afraid someone will break into the car & take it.
The TP, $$ & deck of cards are stuff I didn't think about though. Good ideas!

What is a 12 volt air inflator & what would it be used for?

To air up a tire. It's not a bad idea to keep a tire patch/plug kit, too.

Space blankets don't take up much room.

Jeff405

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In the cab of the pickup I have: Random small tools (screwdrivers, cresent wrench, vise grips, allen wrenches, wire cutters, ect), toilet paper, blaze orange camo hat, beanie, umbrella, couple small flash lights, package of cheese crackers.
In the toolbox I have: Moving blanket, 12v air inflator, 5ish lb hammer (homemade), couple lawn chairs, tow strap, assorted zipties, small 10x10 tarp still in the package, shoestring tire plug kit, jumper cables, ratchet straps, bungee cords, 550 cord, one of those long grill lighters, not sure what else has been tossed in there from camping and/or hunting trips.

SomeCallMeMom

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thank you all so much for your input! Other than the fact that my car will weigh an extra 200 pounds, I now feel the vehicle should be a little more prepared for anything that should arise.

The air inflator sounds like a good thing to have. Why do they name things so redundant like that? It is like calling it a hot water heater instead of just a water heater... I was also curious if someone was trying to sell me something similar to blinker fluid :)

Thanks again all for the suggestions! When I get everything in, I'll take a picture so you can see how I organized it. I've also got hubby working on ordering the trailer hitch assembly, a grill guard, luggage rack & fog lights.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've got a locking tool box, so I keep: 8x12 tarp, floor jack, 4-way, wrenches/sockets, etc, pistol, blanket, first aid kit, binocs, usually a rifle and ammo, water, rubber gloves, block and tackle/gambrel, rope, shovel, light,water. I've got a bag I'm working on with things like firestarter, food, knife, etc...that will easily go in box.

excat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have some of the containers that Mr. Glock is speaking of, I use them for water as well. I don't tote them around though just due to the size of them. They are fairly tall, and I prefer to have 2 of the one gallon Ozarka bottles they sell. They are easier to move around, store, lighter so kids can handle them and drink from them. I've had mine in my car for over 2 years, and had no issues when they froze over the winter.

I would think as long as you don't fully top off one of the one's Mr. Glock is speaking of, freezing would no be an issue. They are definitely thick plastic. I have 8 of them, 2.5 gal each. I use to them for outdoor trips, and keeping water on hand at home. Fill them up and load them in back of the truck when potable water will be in question.

GeneW

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
To air up a tire. It's not a bad idea to keep a tire patch/plug kit, too.

Space blankets don't take up much room.

12 volt air compressors are awesome. They simply plug into the cigarette lighter plug, or any other 12 volt plug in your vehicle may have. They will air up a low or flat tire in a few minutes, sure saves putting on the spare and wrestling around with that. Often you can then just drive to the tire place and get it fixed. We use them in our work cars and they have saved a lot of tire changing work in bad weather, etc. About $10 to $20 or so. They can also be used to air up balls, air mattresses, etc with the appropriate plug.

And yes, your weapon should be on you at all times, however I personally believe in having Plan A and Plan B, etc, as back up in the vehicle.

Good luck!

GeneW

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Might get ahold of Deerslayer and ask him that info. I bought several and my father in law uses them for food and water, and after a cleansing the water tastes good in them. Your more than welcome to a couple of them.

I'm very interested in these water containers. Where can I get some? Thanks! Gene

Latest posts

Top Bottom