What Do You Think About This Mini-Sub deal?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This would be one unpleasant end. I still don't understand how we could lose, as in not be able to find, the sub in 2023. Admittedly, my experience with subs in 2.5 mi deep ocean is limited.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It takes around eight hours for the sub to reach the Titanic and they lost contact one hour and 45 minutes into the descent. It's around 13,000 feet to the Titanic from the surface and they are making much ado about a billionaire on the sub as if he is the most important person-more important than the other passengers. All lives matter. I can't figure out how many feet the sub was into the descent, it depends on the rate of descent, whether they pushed to arrive earlier and spend more time at the Titanic or what. It really doesn't matter, what matters is that they find the sub quickly and in one piece.

Roy14

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Stupid articles all around. Dumb questions from the reporters. "Oh my gosh, you mean the hatch is sealed shut with 17 bolts that can be only removed from the outside?" at a depth of 12,000 feet it would be moronic to open the hatch. A styrofoam coffee cup is crushed to the size of a thimble at that depth. Even the passengers Rolex's will not survive, the average Modern Submariner can only survive a depth of 300 Meters or 1,000 Feet.

Could the passengers aboard the submersible be alive? Possibly assuming the passenger compartment is still intact, however the water is very cold at that depth.
Thank you for putting this in terms of Rolexes, I think the billionaire onboard would appreciate that.

Roadking Larry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Secret bunker in an undisclosed location.
This would be one unpleasant end. I still don't understand how we could lose, as in not be able to find, the sub in 2023. Admittedly, my experience with subs in 2.5 mi deep ocean is limited.
I suspect that the submersible experience a catastrophic failure resulting in an implosion. The death of the occupants would have been nearly instantaneous and the vessel would have been torn apart leaving the debris scattered over a mile or more of ocean floor.

bubbaturbo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It takes around eight hours for the sub to reach the Titanic and they lost contact one hour and 45 minutes into the descent. It's around 13,000 feet to the Titanic from the surface and they are making much ado about a billionaire on the sub as if he is the most important person-more important than the other passengers. All lives matter. I can't figure out how many feet the sub was into the descent, it depends on the rate of descent, whether they pushed to arrive earlier and spend more time at the Titanic or what. It really doesn't matter, what matters is that they find the sub quickly and in one piece.
I think it only takes the sub about two hours to descend to the Titanic. There is some chatter about whether the view port was ever meant to be used at that depth.

HillsideDesolate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
1687297451525.png

Latest posts

Top Bottom