What glass for my new rifle?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yikes... I did a quick comparison and on a few of their scopes, they were double or more what Optics Planet costs. I understand supporting local businesses, but not at double the price.

I can't speak to their prices on new scopes. They specialize in refurbishing the original Weaver scopes as well as Redfield and Leupold. Their table at the Wannenmacher was refurbished scopes only and to my limited knowledge very reasonably priced.

Dennis stated above that he is going to check them out today. I'd trust his assessment of them.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I can't speak to their prices on new scopes. They specialize in refurbishing the original Weaver scopes as well as Redfield and Leupold. Their table at the Wannenmacher was refurbished scopes only and to my limited knowledge very reasonably priced.

Dennis stated above that he is going to check them out today. I'd trust his assessment of them.

I had yard duty's today, fertilizing, and spraying before the upcoming rains. 4 acre yard, so it took awhile. I will check them out though.
We are having our weekly eat and sometimes shoot in Ponca tomorrow, so it may be Wednesday.
Edit: I don't necessarily look for the cheapest refurb. I know I could probably buy a scope that surpasses the refurb classic, but IMHO a classic scope on a classic rifle is a great match for eye candy. (its a sporterized 7.7 Jap brought home from WWII.) Acquired at a sale.
I'm taking a Ruger .44 mag carbine to the shoot tomorrow, and it sports a 4X16X40 scope on it. Looks like mutt and jeff, but needed to scope the rifle because the eyes don't do open sights so well and it was on hand. I'll find a much smaller scope from that era one of these days to mount up so they match.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom