What Is Your Longest Solo Road Trip?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1Mudman

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Edmond Ok to Tunhanik PA. about 1600 miles. Made that trip a couple times. Finally left a pickup at the Airport at Scranton - Wilkes Barre and started flying me and my hands in out of there weekly.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I came up with about 12k miles on Google Earth. Straight line from point A to B was just over 9k miles.

Farthest one for me is home to Carlisle, PA and back. Did the whole trip in one shot on the way home. 1300 miles, 21 hours.

wolfman1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I drove by myself from Charlottesville Virginia to Costa Rica, not non stop though. I was headed for the Panama Canal but got really sick from some bad water.

fatcpa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
August 1970, drove 1320 miles nonstop from Camp Pendleton to Comanche Oklahoma. Rained on me 2/3 of the way. Made it a fairly nice drive. The Stuckey’s along the way took a fair amount of my money.

JMD

I came, I saw, I made it awkward
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In 1995 when I got out of the navy I drove from Seattle to OKC in a 20 year old ford maverick I bought at an auction for 600 dollars a few days earlier. Wife called it brave and stupid, mostly stupid

Head Mule

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I may be one of the few that understand that statement in bold. I was riding my Goldwing to OKC one morning after two days of no sleep to get a medical checkup at the Navy Reserve clinic by the fairgrounds. I would bet the farm that cedar tree beside the road turned into a bear and ran into the field next to the right of way.
Lack of sleep can certainly cause hallucinations.
It was harvest time and I was dead set on getting back on the combine after making that trip.
Common sense finally got a grip, so swung by my sisters and slept for several hours.
Amazing what the mind can to the senses to try and convince the body to shut down

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Longest I've done was about 1425 miles from Newport Beach, CA to Sapulpa, OK. Was about 23 hours or so. Most what I remember was that by the time I got to about Elk City, I was in no condition to drive. Got to my inlaws house and the first thing my MIL did was start laughing at me because she said I looked like a complete mess. I got there about 9am and went right to bed. I wasn't right for about three days after arrival.

Edit: I'm good for about 1100 miles and then it's time for me to get off the road. Done dozens of 1100 miles trips.

Latest posts

Top Bottom