What is your Religious Affiliation?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What is your Religious Affiliation?

• Catholic

Votes: 26 10.8%
  • Baptist

Votes: 71 29.5%
  • Charismatic/Assemblies of God/Holiness

Votes: 21 8.7%
  • Anglican/Lutheran/ Presbyterian

Votes: 9 3.7%
  • Atheist

Votes: 18 7.5%
  • Agnostic

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Muslim

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Jewish

Votes: 4 1.7%
  • Believe in God but no organized religion

Votes: 62 25.7%
  • Mormon

Votes: 4 1.7%

• Total voters

jfssms

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What is your religious affiliation? This is totally voluntary. Feel free to state why, if you wish.

Let's not attack each other. This is America and we are all free to believe as we wish. That's one of the rights the 2nd Amendment protects.

fixed it for ya.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Agnostic.

I was raised half Catholic and half freethinker. My mother was and still is a devout Catholic. My father was into Zen and the art of mowing the yard on Sundays. So, you either went to church with mom or you stayed home and mowed the yard with that bigazz Yazoo mower and then went fishing with the old man and listened to his philosophies while he drank beer.

Growing up my father and my older brother were heavily into the martial arts and they always read alot of stuff like Zen, Buddhism, and other philosophies. I wasnt really given a hardcore choice about religion until my parents split up. My mom had me at church all the time when I was a young kid. By the time I started being confused about what I believed in I had went to live with my father so I guess how I think today is all his fault. My dad never really told us what to believe in, he left it up to us. Luckily I was surrounded by tons of books that my dad and older brother had and I had a chance to read about all types of different religions and philosophies, we had a bible too, but it was what helped form my initial ideas on religion and my own spirituality.

Over the years I have been with women who were raised from fairly religious to heavily religious to a few Wiccans and pagans thrown in here and there. My current wife is Methodist and is heavily involved in her church- they are there at least 3-5 nights a week as well as most weekend days. She isnt a holy roller but she does have a strong faith in God. We have had many interesting discussions the ten years we have been together and we respect each others opinions and beliefs. I havent ever been to their church with them, but I may surpirise her some day and show up there as I'm not an atheist.

Erick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Four years now at the Methodist church and I love it. I like that the message focuses on love, forgiveness and acts. I also am a fan of old traditional music.

RETOKSQUID

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Was raised Catholic light (Episcopal), married into a Methodist family and now non denominational Christian. Got sick of all the politics and I'm better than you groups that happen in some churches.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm atheist, but I'm not the typical outspoken, call you bad names type of atheist. I think having a religion is fine and dandy, whatever it takes to create a better society. If religion is that catalyst, awesome. I'm not the "in your face" with questioning religion, or one to fight back when a holy roller hops on me... lol. I was raised in the CoC, born of a long line of preachers, elders, and deacons... But as came of age, the science made more sense to me. (as a personal choice, not to imply other beliefs are wrong)

Latest posts

Top Bottom