What is your Religious Affiliation?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What is your Religious Affiliation?

• Catholic

Votes: 26 10.8%
  • Baptist

Votes: 71 29.5%
  • Charismatic/Assemblies of God/Holiness

Votes: 21 8.7%
  • Anglican/Lutheran/ Presbyterian

Votes: 9 3.7%
  • Atheist

Votes: 18 7.5%
  • Agnostic

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Muslim

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Jewish

Votes: 4 1.7%
  • Believe in God but no organized religion

Votes: 62 25.7%
  • Mormon

Votes: 4 1.7%

• Total voters

mons meg

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm a member of a local Presbyterian congregation that just left the Presbyterian Church (USA) in favor of ECO (Evangelical Covenant Order of Presbyterians) over severe theological differences.

onearmedman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
http://www.martinzender.com/
1 Timothy 4:10 "God is the savior of ALLmankind, especially believers" <universal reconciliation>
I no longer believe in a place of eternal torment... No hell of the kind I was taught in baptist churches many years ago.
There are three different words indiscriminately translated "hell" in the King James Version. In 2 Peter 3:4, where the Greek word is tartaroo (English transliteration, "tartarus,") the KJV has translated "hell." In Matthew 5:29, where the Greek word is geenna," (English transliteration "gehenna"), the KJV has translated "hell." In Acts 2:27, where the Greek word is hades, (English translation, "unseen"), the KJV has translated "hell." Surely you see the crime in translating three different Greek words (with three very different meanings), by the same English word. http://www.martinzender.com/Zenderature/dear_mr_hell.htm

jstaylor62

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Born and raised Methodist.

My father was Catholic and grew up during the 20's-30's. The KKK made it tough on Catholics in Oklahoma and my father said he had to fight all the time as a kid becuase other kids found out he was Catholic.

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
One of the 3 (as of this post) who marked Mormon. Very involved with my local congregation, served a mission in Mexico.

I have nothing but high regard for the Mormon people I have been privileged to know. To a man (and a woman), they have been honest, kind, and hard working. I had a block of Fen-Phen cases with some Mormon attorneys. One was a former judge in New Mexico, that was 10 years ago and she still puts my name on the Temple Rolls for prayer.

The theology is not for me, but I sure admire the moral values and family togetherness of the Mormon faith. They have a lot to be proud of.

Latest posts

Top Bottom