What is your woods revolver/pistol????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MyMonkey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Since there seems to be an interest in my new toy including the OP or I wouldn't be posting this here. Please take this in the manner it's ment, not that my toys are better then yours. If anyone would like to meet at H&H (hopefully a group) and shoot the Delta I would be more then happy to let them, "BYOA" I can bring 2 Les Baer's one in 45acp the other in 38 super, The new custom Delta Elite 10mm, Browning HP 9mm, Taurus Judge 45lc/410, and Ruger MkII. If some of us can meet we could get a cahnce to fire different weapons without the charge of a rental fee. Just a thought.

:respect: Great idea. :Heya:

okienate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I tend to like my .44 Special for this task. Nothing fancy or collectible just a basic Bulldog Pug. I've no need to carry something "pretty" or expensive for this purpose. Nobody out in the woods I need to impress......

If I was headed to where there were real, large predators, I'd grab the .44 magnum, but it's just too heavy to carry around unless there is a very specific and imminent reason to do so.

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"It ain't heavy, it's my Redhawk." Seven and a half inch barrel with 300 grain jacketed soft points. Really does a job on armadillos.

Only reason for one of these is hogs, and a rumored escaped lion from one of the outdoor zoos in the Arbuckles (I don't believe it).

I am unsure of my ability to put a lesser round exactly where it needs to be in a stressful situation. If you are that good, about anything that will shoot should be enough. But, if hogs are a factor, think long and hard about hollowpoints. They expand quickly in hog flesh, and don't penetrate well. A pi$$ed off 300 pound boar is fast and mean. CB

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
CB, my thought too. Is your RH a .45 Colt? With the 300 gr bullet, do you shoot it DA or SA?

The Redhawk and its companion scoped Super Redhawk are .44 mag.

I shoot double action except on long shots with the scoped Super. Sometimes there is very little time for cocking a hammer, and that activity loosens one's grip on the gun.

Recoil on the range is fairly sharp:saywhat:, but in the field, even on the fierce armadillo, it's far less noticable. CB

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Since there seems to be an interest in my new toy including the OP or I wouldn't be posting this here. Please take this in the manner it's ment, not that my toys are better then yours. If anyone would like to meet at H&H (hopefully a group) and shoot the Delta I would be more then happy to let them, "BYOA" I can bring 2 Les Baer's one in 45acp the other in 38 super, The new custom Delta Elite 10mm, Browning HP 9mm, Taurus Judge 45lc/410, and Ruger MkII. If some of us can meet we could get a cahnce to fire different weapons without the charge of a rental fee. Just a thought.

might talk to H&H and get them involved officially.

i volunteered my Witness Elite Match 10mm a while back.

of course if everybody shows up, they'll see how piss poor of a shot I am.

walker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
S&W 686+. Keep my 357, 158gr handloads in it. Shot a dillo, "big hole", and a cyote right in the neck which bled out fast. Love the gun, I can take 40 yard shots easily with it. Stainless, so I just rinse it off and oil it if it gets muddy.
I startes carrying a sidearm on my lease ever since I saw a mountain lion on it a few years back. Not that it would do much good if I looked yummy but it makes me feel better.

owu1bag5

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
depending on where i am going to be and what i am hunting with(bow, rifle, muzzle loader) i carry either my springfield xd in .40 caliber or my ruger GP100 with a 6" barrel. I generally carry the XD when i am bow or muzzle loader hunting and the GP100 when i am rifle hunting.

Latest posts

Top Bottom