What is your woods revolver/pistol????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think that an 8" Colt Anaconda 44 mag would be a good gun to have. It's heavy enough to make Magnum recoil acceptable, and with the real tree finish it won't be too awfully noticable.

Mod31c

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
My woods gun is a Ruger Super Redhawk .480
And my best story is 3 guys shooting ak's and pistols at a 10in or better tree there trying to knock it down they go through all their ammo and are giving up I walk up say hi and with one shot with the .480 ruger it falls to the ground I walk off like a badass

BobBarker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
An oldie but a goodie..
I really don't think there is a need for anything above 38 special in Oklahoma, and honestly a 22 revolver will do the trick. In that regard, I tote one of my j frames or an old H&R 22LR revolver, I believe its a 922. A 22mag revolver would probably be a nice compromise.

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
hogs and black bears are the only four legged concern for larger calibers,moutain lions aren't hard to kill many have been taken with 22 mags and the like. 357mag will handle 99% of what your liklely to encounter, mine's a ruger blackhawk 41mag

Last edited:

steelhorse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Glock 23, S&W 686+, Colt Anaconda. There have been multiple spottings of a mountain lion lurking around so I would actually prefer a 12 gauge for up close and personal, moving threats.

langston302

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I carry the same thing I carry at work......XD40 service. ammo is negotiable depending on area. I usually cycle between snake shot and FMJ....(on thicker hides penetration is better than nothing.)

OKMike

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hog hunting with dogs: SBH 7.5" bbl, 44mag,Just knocking around : 5.5" stainless bisley blackhawk with 45LC or 45ACP cylinder, 357 Bisley Vaquero blue/ case hardened 5.5" bbl(original model), 45 LC stainless vaquero (new style) 5.5"bbl, sometimes my Kimber 1911, 45 ACP of course. Seems to be a trend here. LOL

Latest posts

Top Bottom