What kind of grill do you use?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deslock

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Time to look at new grills, I know it's not the ideal time to shop but I've got an Aussie that I picked up last year because the old one rusted out, it was intended to just last a season & it served it's purpose well, but now I think I need to upgrade. I am looking for a dual fuel as I prefer charcoal, but sometimes I am just not in the mood to wait. I am looking at a Triton http://www.academy.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_10151_10051_513601_-1__?N=77985508
that Academy has, anyone have one of these, if not, what are you using, and where would you recomend shopping for a new one for the best deal?

DPI

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I recently installed one of these in my outdoor kitchen. Works great its all stainless including the grates and burners, and is American made by Bull. And it's relatively inexpensive compared to the others I researched.

http://www.costco.com/Urban-Islands...Products.product.11486736.html?MobileOptOut=1

images.costco.com_image_media_350_441695_847__1.jpg

Tyson C.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
here is my newest one i have built. this was on test night. the overall size is 4' round, with a 3/8" thick bottom, the edges set higher and angle to the middle, in the center you have a 6" round 10" deep chute to act as a dump or charcoal holder to get the fire started if need be. there is a small handle that sticks about 2" out on the side that opens the chute to clean it out. i made trays that slide down the long poles and you are able to put them at any height above the fire. one tray can hold pots and pans the other holds a grill to hot dogs, hamburgers, steaks, etc.... i also put some tabs on it that hold a rotisserie so that you can adjust that accoding to height above the fire. when not cooking, you got a fire pit, tall enough to put your legs under and you can swing the trays out and they make a great beverage holder of you choice.

out door grill n pit.jpg

if anyone is interested hit me up and we can talk about making one, a variety of diameters and thickness'....

Brandi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I learned my lesson buying grills...I got tired of replacing them every season or two so I finally bought a stainless steel Weber that's as good today as it was 6 or 7 years ago. Whatever you buy find something made out of good stainless not the stainless that warps under finger pressure like many of cheaper brands. Any other kind of material is just going to rust away and leave you grill shopping again. Obviously the big steel grill/smokers are an exception, they take much longer to rust away.

Blitzfike

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I use the Char Broil with the infrared grates. It does a great job with steaks or burgers either.. I bought it at Lowes when they had the end of summer sale Labor Day. I think I saved about $150.00 on the sale price. I love it. It also has the side burner for beans or other cooking needs.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I only use charcoal to grill so I go get a $30 grill from WallyWorld and use three or four years and then replace it when needed.

I also use the cheap Brinkman electric smokers, and have never had anyone pass up my cooking.

Latest posts

Top Bottom