what new 4wd would you buy for 35K or under

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

T34r1tUp

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was just thinking from reading replies. The guy was asking for a 4wd. I guess it depends on the intended purpose but I see alot of suggestions for an AWD. After working on so many AWDs to me they are NOT the same. Awd is alot weaker and breaks alot easier. They are junk. If you want a real 4x4 get one that has a switch or lever on the floor. Those usually have a real transfer case under them

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was just thinking from reading replies. The guy was asking for a 4wd. I guess it depends on the intended purpose but I see alot of suggestions for an AWD. After working on so many AWDs to me they are NOT the same. Awd is alot weaker and breaks alot easier. They are junk. If you want a real 4x4 get one that has a switch or lever on the floor. Those usually have a real transfer case under them

There are some AWD drive cars that are very tough. Subaru for one.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Subaru Forester is getting really good reviews lately. Gets pretty good gas mileage also.

Up here you see thousands of these on the road. But in Oklahoma I think people still have that "bigger is better" mentality. It's strange cause I've never seen a Subaru upside down in the center median in the winter.

Ace_on_the_Turn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
SUV, 4X4, 25mpg's, lots of leg room for under 35K has a very short list. The only thing I can really think of close would be an explorer. I'm not sure how much room in the back or if they're under 35K.

Toyota Highlander. About $30k to start, most about $35k. It's a midsize SUV with plenty of leg room. 25mpg on the highway. That's pretty close.

Latest posts

Top Bottom