what new 4wd would you buy for 35K or under

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dubs chops

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am looking into getting my wife a new SUV. Requirements are a good 4wd system(Awd would be second but not out of the picture). Large back seat, (Big enough fir a 6' tall adult as i often have my mother or hers with us on vacation. and over 25mpg gas mileage would be great.

I am looking into the cherokee trailhawk and wrangler unlimited at the moment.

I think the wrangler will be better long term as far as resale but the trailhawk would probably be more comfortable for long trips.

What says the masses?

eyecyou

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Im a pretty firm jeep fan but if you're lookin at the new wranglers take a step back and think, "wow thats just a crappy caravan in a pretty package."

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's hard to beat the Wrangler Unlimited, but it doesnt seem ideal for what you describe. Might look at the Honda Pilot. Lots of room, good mpg, little to no off-road capability.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We got a Kia Sorento with AWD last fall. 100K or 10 year warranty. It did very well in snow on vacation during the winter. I'm 6'. The leg room is excellent. I actually have to move the seat forward a tad. 14K miles on it now, and we are very pleased.
About 22-23MPG.

SpiritualGuns

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's hard to beat the Wrangler Unlimited, but it doesnt seem ideal for what you describe. Might look at the Honda Pilot. Lots of room, good mpg, little to no off-road capability.

Not sure if they have changed the Pilot in the recent years, but I've driven a friends Pilot about 5 years ago, and there was NO room in the drivers seat for me (6'1"). I had a 2004 Dodge Ram quad cab and could fit 6 guys fairly comfortably (5 with no problems) that were all 6'+.

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Toyota tundra. Powerful, relaible, holds it's value. Crazy big though. You can get a 4runner used for less than the jeep new. If you go with anything other than the wrangler the toyota will save you tons in resale.

Latest posts

Top Bottom