What online source for weather forecast?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
On my phone and tablet, I use AccuWeather for getting an idea of what the upcoming weather will be like. For current conditions, it’s either MyRadar or the News6/News9 (depending on whether I care about what’s happening in Tulsa or OKC) weather app.

I’d use the News6/9 app more, but it…aggravates me. First, it forces my device into portrait mode (despite that being a stupid layout for landscape-mode video and data display, not to mention that I keep my tablet with the rotation lock enabled in landscape mode—and if I turn off the rotation lock and turn the tablet, the video will go full screen in landscape mode…). Second, if anything causes the video stream to reload, it forces me to sit through a 15-second ad before it gets back to the video.

Dorkus

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
On my phone and tablet, I use AccuWeather for getting an idea of what the upcoming weather will be like. For current conditions, it’s either MyRadar or the News6/News9 (depending on whether I care about what’s happening in Tulsa or OKC) weather app.

I’d use the News6/9 app more, but it…aggravates me. First, it forces my device into portrait mode (despite that being a stupid layout for landscape-mode video and data display, not to mention that I keep my tablet with the rotation lock enabled in landscape mode—and if I turn off the rotation lock and turn the tablet, the video will go full screen in landscape mode…). Second, if anything causes the video stream to reload, it forces me to sit through a 15-second ad before it gets back to the video.
I pay $15 a year for Deercast. It is the only weather app that I found which predicts barometric pressure which is very helpful for deer hunting. It also has hourly forecasts, hunting conditions etc.

kingfish

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I pay $15 a year for Deercast. It is the only weather app that I found which predicts barometric pressure which is very helpful for deer hunting. It also has hourly forecasts, hunting conditions etc.
Weather Underground gives you that out to 10 days and it's free.
BP.PNG

TinkerTanker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
cowadle, Gary didn't have a million watt radar.
With any weather guys, you have to learn what the radar's saying and add your own twist to them. They're never right all the time, but the radar will show you what's going on and when it's time to get to your shelter.

GC7

Not Actually a Grackle
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
NWS/NOAA can go to hell with their forecasts. They seem to have sided with reporting the worst possible case, so any precip in the forecast means 80mph winds and softball sized hail.

I can't count how many plans I've cancelled based on their stupid forecasts, and later found that it was just a sprinkle of rain that rolled through the area.

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have 3 different weather programs on my computer and if it gets really bad i have a app on my phone so i can listen to the local emergency management storm spotters.

cowadle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
cowadle, Gary didn't have a million watt radar.
With any weather guys, you have to learn what the radar's saying and add your own twist to them. They're never right all the time, but the radar will show you what's going on and when it's time to get to your shelter.
gary had enough radar. but he was so focused on other parts of the state my area went completely uncovered. it was my own use and interpretation of a radar i had on an agriculture radar that told me to get underground. if you live in the city then 9 or 5 or 4 are just fine.

acope

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've been using "The Weather Channel" for granular weather prediction: (https://weather.com/weather/hourbyh...2232b785811313c36a28746f1c4732c9127499340fdea)

But, there have been several instances lately where it has been ridiculously inaccurate in real time ("mostly cloudy" while hail is bouncing off the roof for 45 minutes, "partly cloudy" before, during, and after an inch of rain, etc.)

What do y'all use for current and short-term weather forecasts? I don't have cable or antennas for local stuff, just internet.
Norman, OK They aren't overhyping in order to gain ratings points.

Latest posts

Top Bottom