What online source for weather forecast?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

perfor8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've been using "The Weather Channel" for granular weather prediction: (https://weather.com/weather/hourbyh...2232b785811313c36a28746f1c4732c9127499340fdea)

But, there have been several instances lately where it has been ridiculously inaccurate in real time ("mostly cloudy" while hail is bouncing off the roof for 45 minutes, "partly cloudy" before, during, and after an inch of rain, etc.)

What do y'all use for current and short-term weather forecasts? I don't have cable or antennas for local stuff, just internet.

Hawgman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Online I use Accuweather but I also check to see what the locals are saying. Usually Channel 9. More than 50% of the time what comes to pass is somewhere in between the two.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Weatherbug App for years and years. Hourly weather forecast and 10 day forecast has always been trustworthy. I got rained out on the combine about 730pm yesterday evening. It predicted rain in my area for 7pm.

rswink

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have 1 Weather, google, Oklahoma Meaonet, and my local stations on my phone. On the computer I always go back to weather.gov as that is NOAA. The stuff on my phone is usually somewhere between what all of them say. NOAA changes theirs hourly and the closer you get the more accurate I find it, but you have to watch the Chances carefully.

TinkerTanker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
None of them are accurate. Your best bet is News9 app in OKC or News6 in Tulsa. You can see the radar and if you can interpret radar you can see tornadoes forming or if you can't just click on Video and Live Feed and you can see the local people telling you what's going on.

Remember though, any internet weather is delayed. If someone says "Oh, it looks like the tornado is about a mile from your house, Perfor8!" that means you're already dead. Count on about a 2 minute delay at minimum.

It'd be worth it to get a cheap HDTV antenna for $30 off Scamazon and get your weather within seconds.

kingfish

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Weather is a bit of a passion of mine. I used to do some storm chasing in my younger days. I have tried most everything out there and have settled on the Mesonet and wunderground.com. The Mesonet is the best for real time conditions and Oklahoma is lucky to have such a fine system. I like the 10 day graphical representation from Wunderground for forecasting. It seems to be updated on an hourly basis. It doesn't just day a 50% chance of rain like most services. It says what those chances are for each hour of the day and how hard the rain might be.
WU.PNG

Latest posts

Top Bottom