What other pistol's holster will or might work for a Star Firestar

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
single stack 9mm? Any other pistol that is known to approximate the width and trigger guard dimensions, for which readily-available holsters may be found?

Or for that matter, a holster maker who will make one for this pistol?

Thanks.

It's too big for 1911 holsters. I might order a larger SmartCarry pouch, or I might find a good waist holster; not sure yet what I want to do. But I like the pistol a lot more than I thought I would. I've been carrying it in a "medium" Smartcarry pouch, but it's still a bit big for it, and tends to flop out when I take it off.

It's gonna be my compact 9mm carry until I can find & acquire the chosen upgrade (which will be either a Kahr PM9 with CT, or Boberg XR9). Have to carry piped, hammer down on half-cock notch... I'll have to cock it manually like in the movies if I ever need it. Not gonna carry an S.A. C & L, pointed at my boy & femoral. If I get a waist holster, then C & L of course.)

liliysdad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you wont carry it Condition 1, I wouldnt carry it. Condition 1 is no different whether its in your crotch, or on your hip.

That being said, perhaps a holster for the 3rd gen Smith compacts might be close.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This was on the Star Firearms website. For some reason the links to each holster maker didn't come through, so I added the main page link.

www.star-firearms.com/info/parts.shtml

Finding a Holster for Your Star Pistol
This is a brief list of friendly holster makers, most with websites. They all either have holsters for Star pistols in stock or will make custom holsters. Most who do not do custom work only make holsters for some more common models, such as the PD and Firestars. The more generic/cheap the holster or maker, the more likely an incorrect gun will fit. Firestars and most decent-sized B & P series Stars will fit in 1911 or High-Power holsters. And lots of places make very generic belt slides. If you really feel you are out of luck, email me and I'll see if I have any ideas.

The top quality custom places are well worth the money and the wait. If you do decide to get one, a note about the wait. Most of them are small shops, so please don't panic when they say they will ship in 12-14 weeks. That's just how it goes. Plan ahead.

Kramer Leather - Generally considered sorta between Galco and the custom makers. Good, but not as much an heirloom item. I and some friends have several good holsters from here. They also do still list several Star models as available, inlcuding the megastar. My huge, heavy Megastar was perfectly comfortable in an MSP.
Wilson Combat - Bill Wilson and his people make mostly custom guns, particularly the 1911, but also some accessories. They have some pretty nice holsters.
Milt Sparks - A good US leather holster maker. I have, and love, my Executive (EX-RSO, specifically) for the Firestar Plus. I would like to note that they didn't bat an eye at making me an M243 holster, which is a good thing.
Galco - Middle of the road, better than Uncle Mikes. Available at most decent gun shops as well, though probably not the model you want. Several generic models, such as the belt slides for 1911s and High Powers will work for Star A, B, P and Firestars. I would note that they are priced the same as top-quality holsters, so usually ordering from the custom places is better.
Andy Arratoonian - Horsheshoe Leather - Andy makes probably the best leather in the world. I finally saved up and got one, and must say its lives up to the reputation. Being custom, I'll bet he can make for almost any gun you care to ask about. Also a nice guy so drop him an email or call him up.
Ted Blocker Holsters - Ted and Jean Blocker have been making holsters since 1972, with some notably influential movie and TV rigs, including the much copied shoulder holster for Miami Vice. They have molds for at least the Firestar line, and are generally nice folks so are worth calling up and asking about other guns.
Kydex is a slightly flexible thermally-molded plastic. Its sold in big sheets and then molded around either a blank or your gun in a big vacuum forming machine. Very long wearing stuff that you will probably have for the rest of your life. Some people object to them for various reasons, and if you have no experience, run some Google searches or ask around. Kydex is cheaper than most any other type of holster of similar quality. I have personally gotten a holster custom molded for my M31, and if you have a strange gun, this is probably the way to go. It is a perfect fit without spending hundreds of dollars trying to get custom leather.
Raven Concealment is a relatively newer and nicely innovative maker of Kydex holsters and pouches of all sorts. They are, I hear, open to any sort of custom order and seem to be the best bet for that sort of work these days. They exhibit at many gunshows, so check for them at your local one, but email or call if you want to find out more right now.
Email: [email protected]
Phone: 440-465-7111 M-Friday 10-7 ET

Latest posts

Top Bottom