Almost have decided what pistol I wanna' get!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pharr Shot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So, I've almost came to a decision on what I wanna' get.
Still don't know for sure what I wanna' get though but at least now it's only between these two pistols (unlike where I usually have like 7):

1) HK VP9
2) Sig 1911 "Fastback" Nightmare Carry

Now clearly both are different but they're more for a tactical purpose.
Now if HK was to make the VP9 in .40S&W (Which I guess it would be called the "VP40") I would get it over ever other pistol out there.
My only problem with the HK VP9 is the way the ambi slide release looks compared to the slide release on the left side of the gun, it just looks funny and not even like the rest of the gun. It's not a big deal, just a pet peeve.
Now on the 1911 I know I'm gonna' get the Wilson Combat ambi-safety (stainless) and possibly new sights if the night-sights ain't all that bright.

I wanna' know what y'all think on Sig 1911's, because I don't have any experience with them, not even handled them.
I've watched a few videos so far on this particular model and it seems to be very, very, very nice.
The slide moves on it like glass, it seems super duper smooth. Which I like a lot.
It doesn't rattle at all from what I can tell. Now I know to some that a deal about reliability and things like that. It doesn't bother me at all.
Also, do I have to use a tool to tear it down? With my Colt I don't have to but when my dad had his Springfield he had to. Would I have to with this particular model?

Hopefully y'all can give me some good input on these two, what y'all think on these two, what I oughta' get, etc.

zghorner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The VP9 feels like garbage in my hand, the grip is too big for it to be comfortable...same problem I have with glocks. So naturally im going to favor a single stack 1911, and I see a ton of positive reviews on sig 1911's but have never owned one. You should do some window shopping and make it into a shop or a gun show and physically pick up and inspect the VP9 before you decide, or even better if a forum member near you would meet up and let you shoot theirs.

Honestly you should just forget all the HK hype and get a CZ SP-01 in .40 and live the rest of your life in joyous Czech bliss. Seriously though, they are bad to the bone. The grips are excellent, metal frame, night sights, fits the tactical style you are going for AND comes in .40 which you mentioned you would like.

Pharr Shot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The VP9 feels like garbage in my hand, the grip is too big for it to be comfortable...same problem I have with glocks. So naturally im going to favor a single stack 1911, and I see a ton of positive reviews on sig 1911's but have never owned one. You should do some window shopping and make it into a shop or a gun show and physically pick up and inspect the VP9 before you decide, or even better if a forum member near you would meet up and let you shoot theirs.

Honestly you should just forget all the HK hype and get a CZ SP-01 in .40 and live the rest of your life in joyous Czech bliss. Seriously though, they are bad to the bone. The grips are excellent, metal frame, night sights, fits the tactical style you are going for AND comes in .40 which you mentioned you would like.

I do like CZ's SP-01 Tactical in .40, I'm gonna' get that as well when I get the money.

Latest posts

Top Bottom