What significant decreases in volume or quanity have you noticed in your grocery cart ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Typically gone during the summer now in the RV for cooler weather, but I’ve really enjoyed raising a garden in the past. We are on well water so except for the juice to run the pump watering is not expensive.
Garden maters are the bomb. We can make a meal from those.
The 31 year old asparagus patch still produces enough that we give away Walmart bags of it to the senior citizen meal program. Three bags occasionally when it’s really producing.
Burned it today after getting home from Arizona so I’ll put wheat straw on it tomorrow to keep weeds down. We should get sprouting next week with the fire warming the soil and 70 degree temps next week

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Canned tuna and chicken have about half meat half liquid in them. Squeeze out the liquid and that's what you end up with. And, you are paying by the net weight of the contents which includes the liquid. Even the small cans of ham have less meat and more of that jell or whatever that liquid is.

I haven't gone hunting in over 50 years, and it is beginning to look like I'll have to get into it again. But then, I'll have to get a deep freeze to keep the meat. "Course I could can the meat. I'm set up for that.

Woody

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
We eat a lot less beef (steak) now. Especially the fresh choice cuts. It's just crazy expensive.
I used to go to the butcher shop about once a week, not anymore. I feel like I’m paying double for a lesser quality steak now.

Vegetables and fruit have gone from mediocre to dismal in most places too. It takes me 3 or 4 stops to get all of my groceries now. But with gas prices, I’ll just have to figure out how to make one trip.

Latest posts

Top Bottom