What significant decreases in volume or quanity have you noticed in your grocery cart ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GeneW

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've been getting meat at Costco, it's the best quality and tasting at a price I can still justify. It's a larger pack, but I just repack into smaller freezer bags.

We were totally screwed by Pelosi and her cohorts with all this crazy non-essential covid stimulus crap, etc, Inflation and dollar devaluation, etc.

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Burger.png

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I believe since we can't rely on the integrity/honesty of most manufacturers/packagers of food products, that a law needs to be passed, with a strict penalty if violated, that if the stated quantity on the package isn't the total amount of the main product, that a second statement of the actual quantity of the main contents must be listed as well - or at least what the percentage of the main labeled product is. I, for one, don't like paying for water or oil that is nearly half of the stated net weight or volume.

Such afore mentioned labels would reveal the truer inflation for when containers or volume of the contents shrink.

Umm --- Ah --- Er --- Shouldn't the FDA have something to say about this?

Woody

Last edited:

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'll be passing on club crackers until they get the right size box.

View attachment 258496

I guess they have to deplete their inventory of larger-than-necessary boxes before they can order/make rightsized boxes. Someone there in the Kellogg's marketing department didn't coordinate the boxes to be sized down along with the product ............... and it was likely so on purpose ................. :rubhands:

I guess they think we are all dumb. I noticed this trend back in June of 2019 in the thread I started titled; Underhanded Price Increase.

Woody

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom