What significant decreases in volume or quanity have you noticed in your grocery cart ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rooster1971

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bought a small bag of Fritos bbq twists earlier. Sure looked like the bag had shrunk. Bought them anyway, they are like crack to me. Heck, I had trouble finding them or regular for a minute. All chips with corn with shrink in amount and soar up in price if this doesn’t get corrected.

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bought a small bag of Fritos bbq twists earlier. Sure looked like the bag had shrunk. Bought them anyway, they are like crack to me. Heck, I had trouble finding them or regular for a minute. All chips with corn with shrink in amount and soar up in price if this doesn’t get corrected.
We went on a trip out west years ago, and took some snack goods with is. The packages of chips exploded when we got to higher elevations, I know less atmospheric pressure. Do they package these chips under different atmospheric pressures depending on where they are to be sold? I have though about this for years!

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
WE have far too many LAWS, GOVERNMENT CONTROLS, CROOKED POLITICIANS FILLING THEIR POCKETS, AT OUR EXPENCE! Any time the government gets involved, they SCREW IT UP ROYALTY! You have the power to control what products YOU buy, if a product is loading the packages up with water, DON"T BUY IT AGAIN! That is called FREE ENTERPRISE! The market has a way of eliminating shoddy products, businesses, people, just in the normal course of doing business! Then these SODDY CROOKS, THAT GOT CAUGHT CHEATING PEOPLE, RUN FOR POLITICAL OFFICE!

You are right, of course, but there is no need to YELL AT ME! :scream:

I quit buying many such products. The 'Mary Kitchen Roast Beef Hash' in one. We don't buy cake mixes any more. We make our cakes, cookies, and pies by scratch except for some of the canned fillings that are otherwise unavailable to us.

As for products that come in glass or clear plastic jars, a person can actually see what's inside. But the canned stuff that is 40% to 50% oil or water is another story.

We make our own soups. We do our best to grow our own veggies in our clay soil.

When I get back into hunting, we'll be able to roast, fry, broil, filet, grind, can and smoke some real wild beast. (I love thinly sliced wild beast sandwiches!) :rubhands:

Woody

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We went on a trip out west years ago, and took some snack goods with is. The packages of chips exploded when we got to higher elevations, I know less atmospheric pressure. Do they package these chips under different atmospheric pressures depending on where they are to be sold? I have though about this for years!
I don't think so. High altitude stores (high enough to explode the bags) would be a pretty small percentage of sales.

However... they do make sure bags are full of air to help prevent breakage during transit. So basically, chips provide their own little "air bags" of packing material. You may have gotten a fluke bag(s) with too much air.

Learned this on a show not long ago ("Chasing Down Madison Brown," IIRC).
___

Rooster1971

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As altitude rises atmospheric pressures drop. Water also will boil at lower temperatures as you go higher.

Rooster1971

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Out of curiosity I looked and bags can at altitude. Less than what I thought actually. Thanks Old John learned something new. I’ve never experienced it backpacking but never took chips only dehydrated foods.

PBramble

Let's Eat
Special Hen
Reaction score
They have also shrank the twix bars. I picked one up at QT and they are significantly smaller now.
1647230769901.png

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
You are right, of course, but there is no need to YELL AT ME! :scream:

I quit buying many such products. The 'Mary Kitchen Roast Beef Hash' in one. We don't buy cake mixes any more. We make our cakes, cookies, and pies by scratch except for some of the canned fillings that are otherwise unavailable to us.

As for products that come in glass or clear plastic jars, a person can actually see what's inside. But the canned stuff that is 40% to 50% oil or water is another story.

We make our own soups. We do our best to grow our own veggies in our clay soil.

When I get back into hunting, we'll be able to roast, fry, broil, filet, grind, can and smoke some real wild beast. (I love thinly sliced wild beast sandwiches!) :rubhands:

Woody
How did using capital letters become universally equated with YELLING? Everyone seems to think this, and I think that is funny!

Latest posts

Top Bottom