What state would you pick to hunt for a monster Mullie buck?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sampson

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've been considering an out of state hunt for mule deer again. ( it's a sickness just ask the wife). I have yet to harvest a mature Mullie and would like to hear some of your thoughts. I've hunted Utah for mule deer before and seen a couple of great bucks. But I'm leaning towards Nebraska , South Dakota or maybe even Washington state. Any personal thoughts, opinions and insight would be greatly appreciated..

meatGrinder

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
From what I understand, Colorado has the largest mule deer herd of any state. I see a ton every year when I fish in and around Unit 76 each summer. Hard to draw a tag for that unit though.

Sampson

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've never hunted Colorado, fished it plenty but I have no experience hunting there. Are all of the tags in the state for draw or can u purchase one over the counter?
Not sure about hunting Mexico now days, would love to at some point.

Sampson

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Lol, yes I should've expected that. What's the cost to hunt Mexico now days? I'm a DIY type of hunter even in other states, but I don't think that would be an option for old Mexico..

AllOut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lol, yes I should've expected that. What's the cost to hunt Mexico now days? I'm a DIY type of hunter even in other states, but I don't think that would be an option for old Mexico..

$100 for hunting license $150 for a tag and $300 for your license to import firearms. Bows you can bring no problem for no charge.
DIY, probably not much of an option.
Sonora Outfitter hunt for a Mule Deer..... Ah ..... Not cheep lol

Latest posts

Top Bottom