What the Heck!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I need to extend the legs on mine. I have tons of pics with them licking the spinners, but when I do, its tough to get the buckets of corn high enough to dump into the drum. No trees to hang them from with a pulley.

For a short fat boy like me, long legged feeders are a problem. When my Dad and I set up the original feeders, we had them in big cottonwoods on chain hoists, so filling feeders was easy. Over the years, several of the cottonwoods have died or lost limbs, and now, I'm down to one hanging feeder. I was checking the camera "view" on Saturday and got this picture of my procedure (stand on top of the Ranger bed and lift sacks above my head).

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 153

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For a short fat boy like me, long legged feeders are a problem. When my Dad and I set up the original feeders, we had them in big cottonwoods on chain hoists, so filling feeders was easy. Over the years, several of the cottonwoods have died or lost limbs, and now, I'm down to one hanging feeder. I was checking the camera "view" on Saturday and got this picture of my procedure (stand on top of the Ranger bed and lift sacks above my head).
Exactly how I do it, but I'm on the edge of the pickup bed.
Went over and checked my camera this morning. 8127 pics.
About 100 of does and little bucks, the rest of one clump of Johnson grass waving in the wind. Lol.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Would a heavy duty critter cage work? I bought a cage from academy but the areas in the wire were to big and the coons could still reach in and spin corn out. I took some small angle iron and some expanded metal and welded up my own. No more coon problems. Might work for deer also

Latest posts

Top Bottom