What to do with an aging android tablet.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Did you ever think of going to youtube and seeing how batteries are replaced in your particular tablet? They've got videos of iPhone battery replacements so they have to have tablet battery replacements if you have the courage. Sometimes I don't but go ahead and try to do something that looks easy on youtube but invariably, I screw it up worse and have to toss it in the trash.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Replaced the battery twice. They died within a week each time. No problem screwing it up. Didn't really need a video beyond seeing how the back of the case opens up. I was rebuilding the little ASUS mini computers that came out 12 or 13 years ago and have completely taken apart my wife's laptop to completely clean out all the dust and crud that was in it after multiple years of use and swap the WiFi board to go from N to AC with bluetooth.

The tablet is pretty much worthless unless it's plugged in to a wall or an external battery unless I want to spend about as much as I paid for it on a replacement battery. https://www.newpower99.com/Google_Nexus_10_Battery_Replacement_Kit_p/google-nexus-10.htm and still likely end up with old stock that has sat on a shelf for so long it's no longer viable.

Latest posts

Top Bottom