What type of holster are you all using for OC?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Does anyone have any suggestions for an OWB holster for a 3" 1911? I tried my step dad's Uncle Mike and it was alright, but this model was made for full size so the sheath extended further down than my barrel. I'd like the idea of kydex and their adjustable retention, but I'm not opposed to leather, though I don't want a thumb strap.

I'd prefer not to spend a lot. I don't want a crap holster, I just don't need anything elaborate. As long as I can conceal under a jacket without worrying about my gun falling out if I sneeze, then I'll be happy.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I use a Comp-Tac IWB holster. I think Comp-Tac and Crossbreed are two of the best holsters out there for comfort and functionality.
Dont forget the Summer Special, also had good luck with the Don Hume PCCH

okiebryan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was using an open top 3 slot looper holster for my LC9 while I was at work. Gun grabs are not really something I worry about at work.

I went to the events on Nov 1 with my S&W 65-3 in a Safariland fitted holster with strong friction retention, nothing else...and frankly I felt uncomfortable when I was in line at QT with some people I perceived to be gangbangers. So much so, I suddenly remembered something else I wanted to buy and stepped out of line to go get it.

When I got back to OKC, I switched to my LC9 in a different Looper holster. This one is 2 slot with a thumb break. Much better. I've carried this continuously ever since. Retention makes me feel more secure. Your mileage may vary.

oufan24

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I found a decent deal locally on a Blackhawk Serpa so I went ahead and got it. I ran an errand last night and wore it. I did feel a lot better using a holster with a retention device. The retention does not slow down the draw much at all.

jhat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If I were to open carry, my holsters of choice would be one of my pancake style OWB holsters. Mitch Rosen, High Noon, or Adams Leatherworks.

locknload

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been open carrying a Springfield Champion Loaded, .45acp, with four inch barrel.
I carry it in a custom Ted Blocker crossdraw holster, lefthanded model, with a thumb break.
I carry the Springer in condition one configuration.

I would not carry a 1911 type pistol, especially with the hammer cocked, without the holster having a thumb strap.
But that's just me!

So far, I've open carried in Reasors, Walgreen, Wal-mart, & BA Lawn & Garden. No incidences!

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've got a couple of the pancake style OWB holsters from Galco and they carry nicely.
I would suggest you get a decent belt if you are going to open carry.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Does anyone have any suggestions for an OWB holster for a 3" 1911? I tried my step dad's Uncle Mike and it was alright, but this model was made for full size so the sheath extended further down than my barrel. I'd like the idea of kydex and their adjustable retention, but I'm not opposed to leather, though I don't want a thumb strap.

I'd prefer not to spend a lot. I don't want a crap holster, I just don't need anything elaborate. As long as I can conceal under a jacket without worrying about my gun falling out if I sneeze, then I'll be happy.
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...tIHIBw&usg=AFQjCNFEFe-mb3hScaUtsJK3P3fkSWIGtA I found one at H&H that was real similar to this for my 4" Springer LCO, Tagua about half the price

Latest posts

Top Bottom