what would you...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deer Slayer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would like an early model Thompson .45. A friend in SE Okla had one with the selector switch in it. He used it in the race riot in Broken Bow - Idabel area in the 70's. It sure put a stop to the problem.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Pre-'64 Winchester M70 Featherweight Westerner in .264 mag. I've only ever laid my hands on one, and it was way before I was in any position to actually afford one.

Here's one for ya and at a smokin' price too...
http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/6893245/Pre_64_Winchester_70_264_Win_M#Post6893245

As far as what I would buy if money were no object, something class 3 does come to mind, but being that I am a hunter/shooter and not just a spray and pray kind of guy, I would go with some sort of fine double rifle probably in 9.3x74r. I have handled a couple Kreighoffs that really turned my crank.:thumbup3:

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'd like something in full auto, but I don't think I'll ever be able to afford one. Hell, even if I could, those damned things eat alot and fast! :ugh2:

Therefore, I reckon my "grail" gun would probably be a Smith & Wesson Gunsite edition 1911.

Sadly, and as usual :rolleyes2 I had one once upon a time and sold it like a dumbass. It wasn't the actual Gunsite edition, but it was the PD version. Basically the same gun, it just had a FLGR and no ravens.

I could also use another 2nd gen Glock 23 and a three inch S&W model 65.

Yeah, yeah, yeah...same story as with the S&W .45 - had 'em, sold 'em. :grumble:

mlw2123

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ah yes...many many choices..i guess the ones on my plate ate the moment would be either a ruger 99/44 carbine (44 mag semi auto, or one of the marlin camp carbines (9,40,45) or a mini 14. im a pretty big fan of ruger and marlin carbines. the one at the top though would definitely be the ruger model 99 44 mag carbine. would be on hell of a hunting rifle of many game.

264Magnum

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Latest posts

Top Bottom