Whatcha Got That’s Old?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a wristwatch with a Muonionalusta Meteorite dial. The estimated age of the meteorite is 4.56 billion years, a bit older than the earth (4.54 billion years.)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muonionalusta
Not meant to be an affront on religious beliefs or anyone's faith.

As far as other old items I have a book that has a print date back to the 1890's. It is a bible from my Grandmother.

Forgalspop

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The book, "The Virginian" by Owen Wister. Published in 1904. Considered the first true western fiction. The book was dedicated to Theodore Roosevelt.

Attachments

• il_fullxfull.jpg
    il_fullxfull.jpg
    345.8 KB · Views: 0

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The oldest things I own are probably my grandpa's horse-drawn (or, more accurately, mule-drawn) farming implements. I have an old John Deere horse-drawn sickle bar mower that he used to cut hay, a three-section knife harrow, a couple of plows, and a tandem disk. I also have horse-drawn implements (a buck rake and side-delivery rake) from my paternal grandpa, but I think they only saw service trailing behind an 8N with my dad's butt polishing the seat on the implement.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The oldest things I own are probably my grandpa's horse-drawn (or, more accurately, mule-drawn) farming implements. I have an old John Deere horse-drawn sickle bar mower that he used to cut hay, a three-section knife harrow, a couple of plows, and a tandem disk. I also have horse-drawn implements (a buck rake and side-delivery rake) from my paternal grandpa, but I think they only saw service trailing behind an 8N with my dad's butt polishing the seat on the implement.
I have a couple of the steel wheeled two bottom trip plows, single gang disk with seat, buck rake and an Adams Road Patrol #4 road grader. All still work. all previously horse drawn. The road grader gets a regular workout on our road, much better than a 3 point grader or box blade to put a road back in shape.
Converted it to use with the lifting arms on the tractor so I don't have to use the wheels attached to the blade to raise and lower.

mouthpiece

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a cannonball that I dug out of a ditch as a kid when my grandparents lived on De Zavala Road in Channelview Texas.(Pasadena)
Possibly from the battle of SanJacinto, 1836.
close to the San Jacinto monument.
I use to play around Buffalo Bayou area which is also nearby.

74541315-4174-45CB-B40A-A83F7A3780F7.jpeg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom