Whatcha Got That’s Old?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mgssamn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
0232D940-1CEA-4A79-83FC-CCC464F6384A.pngNot pretty or good pic. This does still go bang also. Stevens 22.
I have never researched too much but assuming around1900? Back story is my Dad got shot with it when he was a teenager in the 1950’s when his buddy handed it to him loaded and cocked.

He taught my brothers and I from his mistakes. :-).

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've got a couple bricks marked "Bartlesville, IT".
A friend of mine used to know a guy who went to get his first passport in the 1980s. They initially denied his application, with the lady at the counter telling him that they “didn’t give passports to Italians.“ His birth certificate said he was born in Ardmore, IT...

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I forgot about this one. It is the Marx O-gauge electric train that I had as a kid in the late '40's or early '50's. While Lionel has the big name recognition among model trains, Marx built trains that us poorer folks could afford. Since we live in an RV with little storage space, this train resides in a box in the rear floor of our Ford F450.

Michael M

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thought this might be kind of fun. So what’s the oldest thing you own? I know we all collect different things and I think it would be interesting to see who has the oldest item here on OSA. Doesn’t matter what it is, could be a coin, knife, gun or fishing pole. For me it’s this Clark & Hall Warranted straight razor that from my research was made in England circa 1798. To put that in perspective also in 1798 Napoleon Bonaparte wins the Battle of the Pyramids and Admiral Horatio Nelson decimates the French Fleet
View attachment 328209
Have my grandfathers old Bible dated 1905 as well as his gold pocket watch from early 1920’s. The Bible is printed in German and came over with him when he and my grandmother immigrated to Canada leaving Germany.
They migrated to Winnipeg and eventually moved to Minnesota.
Found address where they lived in Winnipeg and I went to Google search and found the house that they lived in before coming to the United States.

Latest posts

Top Bottom