What's a good range bag / backpack?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darva

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm in the market for a new range bag or backpack.
Here are my needs for space so far:
Stapler
Mags
Boxes of Ammo
Spent Brass Casings
Paper Targets & Stickers
Ears (2 pairs)
Hammer
Nails
Knife

I have been debating on if I will ever use it for carrying my AR when broken down.
My preference in color is FDE, Coyote Tan.

Any pictures, opinions and advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Darva

jakerz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been using the 5.11 Bail out Bag. I use it as a bipod sometimes too. I've been using it for ~2 years. Great bag and perfect for range use. I carry 3 mags in the carriers, spent brass in the side pouches, stapler, 2 sets of ears, suppressor, 2-3 boxes of ammo, Multi-tool, etc. Kinda depends on what I'm shooting that day. 2 of my friends have picked up one since checking out mine. No regrets.

http://www.511tactical.com/All-Products/Bags-Backpacks/All-Hazards/Bail-Out-Bag.html

langston302

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I dont use a back pack for a range bag per se. I have used my Maxpedition Condor II with great success in just about every way you can use a backpack. I use a LAPG Large BOB as my range gear bag.

Brandi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sounds like any old bag would work. My full size bug out bag is a Fox Tactical backpack that was reasonably priced and well made, for the money it's been a great choice. I also keep an empty "3-day" GI issue backpack for those times I just need something. One day it might have range gear, another day maybe clothes or the next day hunting gear, it just depends. Once I'm done with it that day I take my stuff out and hang it up empty ready for next time. This time of year it's standing ready for tornado bug out duty. I have my pre filled pack and the empty one is where all the stuff I didn't think of before hand (and trust me, you will think of a dozen things you must take as soon as they say it's headed your way...been there, done that).

In addition I also have a pretty pink range bag that stays filled with extra mags, ear muffs, backup earmuffs, foamie plugs, multi-tool, specific gun tools, a bipod, a pretty pink Beretta towel, my range ball cap, spare ammo on occasion and whatever else I may need for whichever specific gun I'm shooting that day. I also have a really nice 2 rifle soft case with tons of pockets and pouches that cost like a million dollars but oddly has no tags on it to identify the manufacturer. What I REALLY want is a pink Maxpedition Versipack! Those are nice but $90 nice?? Hell no...that's insane.

Latest posts

Top Bottom