What's brass worth?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just look and see what others are selling their brass for locally and go off that for price.
I do not sell my brass, I do not have enough to do so. But I do have enough to give some to a real friend or 2 for free.
Funny how that works.

When I buy brass from a stranger I do not want it cleaned.
I would rather see a factory primer in it.
I have seen some brass with multiple ejector pin marks on the case and was told the brass was all once fired.

Yea I am not buying that and Pin tumbling can remove a lot of that, so cleaned brass is not what I really want to buy from a stranger.

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just look and see what others are selling their brass for locally and go off that for price.
I do not sell my brass, I do not have enough to do so. But I do have enough to give some to a real friend or 2 for free.
Funny how that works.

When I buy brass from a stranger I do not want it cleaned.
I would rather see a factory primer in it.
I have seen some brass with multiple ejector pin marks on the case and was told the brass was all once fired.

Yea I am not buying that and Pin tumbling can remove a lot of that, so cleaned brass is not what I really want to buy from a stranger.
That's a great point. Thanks!!

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Unless you are hurting for money now or over run with brass to the point you are tripping over it I would hang onto it.
Even if it is not what you shoot.

I have a feeling in a couple years or so something big will happen to the supply.
Either very hard to get or very expensive.
I hope I am wrong.

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Unless you are hurting for money now or over run with brass to the point you are tripping over it I would hang onto it.
Even if it is not what you shoot.

I have a feeling in a couple years or so something big will happen to the supply.
Either very hard to get or very expensive.
I hope I am wrong.
I'm thankfully neither at the moment, but rather just kicking around the idea. I have a steady supply coming in weekly so I figured it wouldn't be the worst idea in the world. I agree that it would indeed be smart to have my own shelves well supplied before offering any for sale. I do indeed hope your wrong though about future supply.

mouthpiece

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I sell about 80k of brass a year
For the most part I do not clean or process it in any way. Edit, other than sorting for cracks...
This allows the buyer to inspect and reject/accept the pieces he likes in the lot he gets.
I just pick it up off the range.

Now that I have started reloading, I appreciate this aspect of it even more as I want to inspect it all myself.
I am lazy but not so lazy i can't inspect something that is blowing up near my hands and face.

Last edited:

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
redeye reloading, west Texas reloading and used brass are good Facebook groups for brass values.

Also, when you do figure out what you want for it, let me know on your 10mm, qty and price.

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Given his rep here I know it doesn't need to be said but I purchased 750+ pcs. of fired and cleaned 45 ACP brass from @thor447 a few days ago and I couldn't be happier......even when compared to new brass his fired brass is some of the cleanest brass I've come across and was priced more than fair.

He's good people......deal with confidence.

Latest posts

Top Bottom