What's the best compact .380

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just like all of these threads, it will be what the owner likes best. I have had a few .380s, but I am sold on the Glock 42. It does not mean that it is the best for everybody. You just need to try a few and find which one is best for you.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am a Glock Guy through and true, but carry a Kel-Tec P3AT in the summer time in the short wearing season, or anytime I don't have jeans on. I tried the Glock 380 but was to big, to wide, to heavy! I am on my second Kel-Tec P3AT 380, they are dependable, my first one never, never had a FFF or FTE or any glitch, and I shot the sheeeeet out of it, lost it on a Wild four wheeler trip from Hell, in Hell, all around Hell for three days!! But it was fun! That is my 2 cents, like Biggs said above, everyone has their favorites. Here is a web site that has a over lay of them for size comparison. Check it out! They only lack the Glock in the comparison charts, but you can look the Glock up. Also here is a photo of my Kel-Tec in my hand and what I carry it in as well, now I do have XLarge hands, but it is the smallest of the ones out there.

http://armspost.com/ruger-lcp-pistol-comparison/

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Can't say for sure what the best compact .380 is but I recently handled the G42 and bought the new Kahr CT380. I liked the feel of the glock but it is bigger than what I wanted. The CT380 is a little larger than the CW model but small enough to slip in a pocket. Put about 300 rounds through it not really expecting to like it that much, but found it easy to shoot and very accurate.

TSQUARE

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Depends on the use for it. I like the G42. I like the size of it, that is what allows you to get a full grip (for small girly hands like mine) and allows one to shoot it better. For deep concealment then a P3AT fits the bill. Just all about what you're going to do with it.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have the Kahr CW380 and I think it might even be smaller than Mr. Glock's Kel-Tec.

All I can say is it's teensy-weensy and goes 'bang' everytime I press the trigger.

Just avoid Tulammo like the plague. It FTE on every other round. But it gobbles up Federal American Eagle, PMC Bronze and Hornady Critical Defense like nobody's bizness.

And as for accuracy, I scored a 96% with it during our last requals.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have the P3AT. The only one Ive owned. I will say I worked with some guys that bought and sold guns more than Glock em down.

They had about every one on the market at one time or another.

Overall they said they like the P3AT the best of all. The Ruger was second.

Reason? Trigger. They are all horrible for a target shooter, but in a SHTF they wanted the Kahr.

fatcpa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've owned most of the little 380's over the last few years. My opinion, best handling and shooting was the Sig P238. But Carrying a pocket pistol "cocked and locked" wasn't for me. I'm carrying a Kahr CW380 now and like it as well as any I've owned. It handles the Buffalo Bore lead flat nose ammo really well.

Latest posts

Top Bottom