Whats the deal with OSBI

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
My buddy submitted his application for SDA permit back in Dec. and he ia still waiting.
I submitted my renewal in mid March and still waiting.
Now this guy at work submitted for a new permit the first part of april and he got it yesterday.
Funny thing is, he was all worried because he's an American citizen from Iran.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Have you confirmed whatdate they received the app? Some agencies don't always mail them in a timely manner. If they've had it for 90 days or more, contact your state rep and request assistance. At 90 days they're required to issue or deny by law.

Sanford

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Call them and check on the status of the application. Most people I know that have done so after about 60 days have been told it was approved and they'd have it "within two to three weeks" then usually end up actually getting it in the mail within a matter of days.

The only theory I have about this is that checking on it shows interest and effectively moves it to the top of the stack for further processing.

VIKING

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know the first time I renewed mine it only took a couple of weeks. The last time I renewed mine I started calling after a full 3 months and it took another couple of months before I got them. My old permit had been expired for about 60 days when they finally came in.

WessonOil

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
God, reminds me of dealing with the ATF years ago when I had to renew by C&R FFL.
The woman on the phone in Atlanta was the epitomy of laziness,and just hearing her talk made me want to fall asleep.

Anyway, after a few weeks of not hearing anything, I called her and asked her what was up with my renewal.
She said that they hadn't received it.
Being smart, I had sent it via registered mail, and told her that I had a receipt showing it had been received.
She left, and came back a minute later, having "miraculously found it on Frank's desk."

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My "sources" tell me that they are a bit understaffed. Plus, there have been several months of record numbers of applications. Take a look at the information as to the number of background checks for firearm purchases and figure that a fair percentage of those are new buyers, and perhaps also likely to apply for CCW.

Latest posts

Top Bottom