When Islam infiltrates the US

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry I didnt answer your question earlier, I thought I had. I think how gays, women, etc are treated in many muslim dominated countries is horrible. But I also think that what they do is in direct contradiction to what's taught in the Koran. As for other countries that have the same freedoms we do, that would be none, and that's ANY country, not just Islamic ones. But as for the treatment of women in Muslim countries, Turkey, Morocco, Malaysia are all very western towards women. (There are certain tribes like the Berbers but the men are still living like it's the 10th century also.) Hell, Afghanistan and Iran had women wearing modern clothes, going to college, had regular jobs, etc before their hardliners took over.

So you're saying it's horrible, but since their behavior is a direct contradiction to the Koran, then it's acceptable? How are women treated in India? Egypt? Saudi Arabia? What else does the Koran say?

I'm failing to see the logic here, several countries have similar freedoms as we do, most of Europe does. What's the common denominator there? Surely not apples to apples to the U.S. in every case, but in relative terms, the muslim dominated countries fall way behind as a group, and it's not even close. I don't see why we should tolerate islam, do they tolerate us in their countries?

kwaynem

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The name of God should roll off as many tongues as possible, I welcome anyone to discuss God, even if their beliefs and thought contradict my own. To talk of him, his existence/non-existence, his believers, etc...
I agree just always wondered why someone that doesn't believe in him always brings up his name

sanjuro893

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So you're saying it's horrible, but since their behavior is a direct contradiction to the Koran, then it's acceptable? Now if we are to reference the Koran in terms of freedom How are women treated in India? Egypt? Saudi Arabia? What else does the Koran say?

I'm failing to see the logic here, several countries have similar freedoms as we do, most of Europe does. What's the common denominator there? Surely not apples to apples to the U.S. in every case, but in relative terms, the muslim dominated countries fall way behind as a group, and it's not even close. I don't see why we should tolerate islam, do they tolerate us in their countries?
No, man. Not even remotely close to what I said. It's not acceptable. It flat says "there will be no compulsion in religion". Throwing gays off roofs, etc, what they're doing to Christians in Egypt and elsewhere is all based on compulsion and is unacceptable from what I know. And again, before we go down that road, I'm not a scholar of it or anything, that's what I was taught and that's my own interpretation of it as well.

And concerning your statement on not seeing the logic, I don't follow Islam, I'm not a Muslim but that argument will always eventually boil down to faith. I'm very familiar with how you feel about that from other religious threads. I think in all three religions it's more a matter of people twisting the faith, not the faith twisting people, but that's just me.

lasher

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
god, hmmmm, i don't know him/her/it as they've never introduced themselves to me. back when all humanity was a bunch of scattered tiribes the strong man ran the show, and if you got crosswise with him you died. then the tribes became larger and the strong man assigned some of his close associates to help govern the tribe, and if you got crosswise with them you died. finally the tribe was so large it could no longer be ruled by a strong man and his henchmen, some strongman had a brilliant idea. he invented religion, gods, priests, all under his control, now, if you got crosswise with the chief the invented god would kill you. my point of view is all religion was invented to control the masses.

if there is a divine being it has been asleep at the wheel for a very long time.

i lean towards we all, each of us, have a spark of divine (as defined by me), as do all the critters that roam the planet. therefore, we are all gods

and yakking about "faith" is senseless, the only faith i can trust is knowing what i can and cannot accomplish

sanjuro893

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
god, hmmmm, i don't know him/her/it as they've never introduced themselves to me. back when all humanity was a bunch of scattered tiribes the strong man ran the show, and if you got crosswise with him you died. then the tribes became larger and the strong man assigned some of his close associates to help govern the tribe, and if you got crosswise with them you died. finally the tribe was so large it could no longer be ruled by a strong man and his henchmen, some strongman had a brilliant idea. he invented religion, gods, priests, all under his control, now, if you got crosswise with the chief the invented god would kill you. my point of view is all religion was invented to control the masses.

if there is a divine being it has been asleep at the wheel for a very long time.

i lean towards we all, each of us, have a spark of divine (as defined by me), as do all the critters that roam the planet. therefore, we are all gods

and yakking about "faith" is senseless, the only faith i can trust is knowing what i can and cannot accomplish

Maybe you're right.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So my question is to SMS, Sanjo, YG etc..... how do you guys feel about homosexuals? Should they be banned, thrown off buildings? etc etc. What about atheists? Should women hold a lower place in society? How about what Egypt is doing to Christians?

Personally, I don't think the gov should have any say on what someone believes, does in the privacy of their own home, who they marry, etc etc. It doesn't seem that Islam really coincides with these values, unless I'm missing a significant population of muslims that are the equal of the United States with regards to total freedom.

My feelings towards the things you mentioned are irrelevant. We're talking about Muslim extremists and the solution. Islamic extremism is an issue. I've never said it wasn't.

My position is very simple. One quarter of the world's population is not "the problem" for a fraction of their number who committ atrocities...anymore than all gun owners are the problem when a few criminals committ atrocities.

Solving the problem is going to be complex and will require more than jingoism and bigotry.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My feelings towards the things you mentioned are irrelevant. We're talking about Muslim extremists and the solution. Islamic extremism is an issue. I've never said it wasn't.

My position is very simple. One quarter of the world's population is not "the problem" for a fraction of their number who committ atrocities...anymore than all gun owners are the problem when a few criminals committ atrocities.

Solving the problem is going to be complex and will require more than jingoism and bigotry.
Stop promoting falsehoods such as "a fraction of" their number. It's not an insignificant number around the world. It's large minorities or even majorities of Muslims who believe these things, whether they are complicit or just permissive of those behaviors matters not.

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

agreed

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Stop promoting falsehoods such as "a fraction of" their number. It's not an insignificant number around the world. It's large minorities or even majorities of Muslims who believe these things, whether they are complicit or just permissive of those behaviors matters not.

What's the number then sport?

1.6 Billion. How many of them are bad actors and what's the percentage? I guarantee you it's a small fraction.

Latest posts

Top Bottom