where can a guy shoot a hog?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Shoot him right in the chest area......sorry, couldn't help it. They are on lots of the public hunting areas. Call some biologists on the areas closest to you and ask questions. They are very difficult to actually go hunt though. Most people kill them when they are deer hunting and stumble onto them. They are more scent wary than deer and get nocturnal real fast if pressured. If you had private land and could bait them you would have more success. Good luck.

toehanus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I shot two the Friday after Thanksgiving on my in-laws place. If you don't have access to private land to hunt on, I would go to the Wister PHA or hunt in the Ouachita Nat'l forest and hunt for them. You can also get out on Three Rivers and Honobia WMA's, but I think you can only hunt hogs with a firearm during deer gun season. I'm not sure what other public land is near you, but you can check on the ODWC's website and find out. Just get out and scout and you should find some.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've always been amazed at the private land people that tell me the hogs are tearing up their food plots, and cleaning out their feeders, and won't give permisson to take some out.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've always been amazed at the private land people that tell me they hogs are tearing up their food plots, and cleaning out their feeders, and won't give permisson to take some out.

Yeah I know a few like that. I asked a farmer for permission to harvest a doe off one of his wheat fields. Due to my job I am on some of his places daily servicing gas wells. I have notified him of a cow having trouble birthing, cow stuck in mud, cow out along the highway as well as offering to pull him out when he was stuck. He just wanted a ride to his tractor. All this through the last 5 years. The other evening there were 29 doe on one wheat field. He hunts for 1 buck a year. He said well I better not let you because everybody would want to hunt then. I just said, well alright thank you, keep me in mind if you change your mind.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've always been amazed at the private land people that tell me they hogs are tearing up their food plots, and cleaning out their feeders, and won't give permisson to take some out.

Yep - I've never heard so many people ***** about hogs and then say that they don't just want anyone out there shooting them when a friend tells them that they know someone who can shoot them (me). I guess if they don't know me, I can sort of understand, but still - someones gotta take care of 'em.

I say give 'em a year or two - then when the hogs have done some pretty serious damage, they'll learn their lesson.

surjimmy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My X-Girlfriend hangs around 13th and Eastern:woohoo1: Sorry that was wrong in so many ways. I hear there is some good hog hunting down on the Red River, and it's Public land.

Latest posts

Top Bottom