Where do you go rabbit hunting?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie1907

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Never been but need something to do and seems like a good way to kill some time... Do I need a license to rabbit hunt? Ive been trying to get a Hunters Safety course in for the last couple years but they always fill up but now that I am unemployed I could probably just drive to a rural one that doesnt fill up if it is required.

Last edited:

T.Ridley

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
We hunt them around the house in the winter we have good luck around cedar trees and cattle guards. There probaly starting to get wormy so id wait till after the 1st few freezes this fall. Sure makes for some good gumbo though.

meatGrinder

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Blackberries thickets in the winter are good. Also agree with cedar trees like T.Ridley said.

For public land try Grady Co. WMA or Drummond Flats WMA.

Season is Oct. 1 through March 15.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Anything with thick cover will have rabbits in them. Brush piles that have been dozed up are loaded with them if not too much dirt has been dozed up with them.
You can actually generate cover/habitat for them if you have your own property or hunt on private where the landowner will allow you to do it.
You can "hinge" a tree by cutting it just enough that it will tip over, but not finishing the cut. Lots of times there is enough bark left that the tree will survive and grow while on the ground. Rabbits, quail and other specie love these. Gives them a place to get away from hawks, and its thick enough to get away from ground predators.
Public ground, look for places on WMA's that have driftwood left over from high water, trees blown down by tornado's or high winds. Clumps of tumbleweeds in the NW in corners of fields hold rabbits.
Hunting with beagles has to be the most fun of almost any hunt I've ever been on.

Latest posts

Top Bottom