Where in Tulsa.....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sorry that you had a bad experience there. I dont know all of the employees, just one or two. There are always going to be blowhard "operators" at gun stores. Lol. Keep an eye out on here for Coye knives and they only go for a couple hundred here. Good luck man

Agreed. I'm not dissing 2A, as I do like their range. Although I've twice wanted to rent full-autos there and been unable, as they don't have the staff. And I know the tendency for people who work behind a guncounter all day and talk guns and weapons all day can be to begin to think they know alot more than they actually may. A feeling of grandiosity and self-importance often follows.

Again, I like 2A.

I've seen a Ridgeback or two on here for sale in the last year or two, usually in the $200-300 range, I believe. You can also search completed auctions on Ebay (haven't looked at Gunbroker) and see they sell for way way under $1000 routinely. I saw a few in the $500 range, and a few in the $75-200 range.

repete34

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Boker makes the "Coye" Ridgeback and in a couple weeks I will have some "IN STOCK" if you want to preorder one...

Let me know and you can get one for $75 vs the regular price of $88

Link to Boker "Coye" Ridgeback http://www.boker.de/us/fixed-blade-knife/boker-plus/tactical-knife/02BO060.html

Safe Home Consulting / Bear Beam Firearms
8722 E. 41st St.
Tulsa, Ok 74145

I noticed some "Boker" Coye Ridgebacks on Ebay... I didn't know what that was about, I guess Bill licensed the design out to them for mass production?

Sounds good to me. :D

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes Bill did do a deal with Boker for them to use his design. In the link it mentions Bill Coye from Tulsa, OK also

So does that mean an original Coye ridgeback will soon be a $1000+ collectable versus the Boker cheapies?

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes Bill did do a deal with Boker for them to use his design. In the link it mentions Bill Coye from Tulsa, OK also

So does that mean an original Coye ridgeback will soon be a $1000+ collectable versus the Boker cheapies?

I'll settle for a Boker cheapie... they're still a good design, and I'm sure it's made with quality materials. I honestly don't need a "$1000 knife" that I'm going to carry and use. lol

The $1000 comment came from one of the employees at 2A. I don't know any of them by name... he was a big guy, much bigger than me, I'd say well over 6'0", a little on the thicker side (like me, lol - fluffy?), maybe medium brown haircolor? I dunno... I wasn't paying that close attention. When he said that I just kinda chuckled a bit and said, "Well... ok, man. Whatever." He obviously got the picture I thought he was full of ****, because he came back with, "That's what I've been seeing, man." Ok. ;) If there's a sucker that big out there, I'd like to sell him some of my "collectibles," too. lol

Honestly, I was trying not to be rude to the guy... I didn't want to be antagonistic, I was just checking on a knife. They didn't have it and won't likely ever again, except a rare occasional drop in, which I expect they will (now) try to sell for stupid-high prices based on the name. lol

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just to give a summary of shops I've visited lately.....

Safe home consulting - Great selection of Benchmades with more coming apparently. So I'll be checking back. Charles I believe? Helluva nice guy

Gadge Co - Waste of time to me, didn't really have much in what I was looking for.

Green Bettle - Some production knives but has a great selection of semi-custom? Lots of Bark River and such..... this place will be taking some of my money.

Sportsworld - a decent selection of folders from Kershaw, CRKT, Benchmade, Spyderco and many others.

Trails end in Collinsville - Says they are a Spyderco dealer, which is why I went out there. Not one. I did buy one of their house Damascus knives for what I think was pretty cheap. Only problem is that they need to lay off all the gold accents. It's 2014.

Still looking for a good Spyderco selection so I can put a hand on certain models.

repete34

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just to give a summary of shops I've visited lately.....

Safe home consulting - Great selection of Benchmades with more coming apparently. So I'll be checking back. Charles I believe? Helluva nice guy

Gadge Co - Waste of time to me, didn't really have much in what I was looking for.

Green Bettle - Some production knives but has a great selection of semi-custom? Lots of Bark River and such..... this place will be taking some of my money.

Sportsworld - a decent selection of folders from Kershaw, CRKT, Benchmade, Spyderco and many others.

Trails end in Collinsville - Says they are a Spyderco dealer, which is why I went out there. Not one. I did buy one of their house Damascus knives for what I think was pretty cheap. Only problem is that they need to lay off all the gold accents. It's 2014.

Still looking for a good Spyderco selection so I can put a hand on certain models.

You asked for more Griptilians and we have them... Over 75 Benchmade products "IN STOCK" Come in and see the selection and the price's! HUGE SALE and selection of Benchmade products!
i62.tinypic.com_4uymv9.jpg

Safe Home Consulting / Bear Beam Firearms
8722 E 41st Street
Tulsa, OK 74145

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I like the sportsworld selection, just wish they had someone who could work that counter and offer insight/help. You have to run someone down to look at stuff, so I never really focus on them.

Latest posts

Top Bottom