Where to shoot prairie dogs in Guymon?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't, but its on my bucket list to do. I'd suggest putting an ad in the Guymon news paper saying you will trade a rick of hardwood for a weekend of dog shooting. I'll bet you get overwhelmed with offers.

birdhunter1980

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Private, but I think they run all the cattle and hog processing plants in the area? I would think they don't want ground hogs tearing up there land. Just take a rick of oak with ya like Dennis said!

Jon3830

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Guymon camber of commerce - (580)338-3376 they can steer you in the right direction, if your luck is like mine it will be to windy and you will have to sneak up and shoot them in the face.

okhunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The plague has really hurt the pd population out in the panhandle the last few years. There are still some to shoot, it's just not like it was a few years back. You would be surprised how easy it is to get permission just by knocking on a few doors. There's quite a few around Slapout and on west if you've got time to ask around I'm sure you will find someone. Good luck!

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Guymon camber of commerce - (580)338-3376 they can steer you in the right direction, if your luck is like mine it will be to windy and you will have to sneak up and shoot them in the face.

What would prairie dog hunting be without wind??:)

7stw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The plague has really hurt the pd population out in the panhandle the last few years. There are still some to shoot, it's just not like it was a few years back. You would be surprised how easy it is to get permission just by knocking on a few doors. There's quite a few around Slapout and on west if you've got time to ask around I'm sure you will find someone. Good luck!

This and call the chamber of commerce as well as the local game warden. If you don't have any luck shoot me a pm and I'll give you some more leads. Not an over abundance left the drought and the plague have taken their toll on numbers as well as poisoning.

Sent from NSA wire tapped device.

Latest posts

Top Bottom