Dog Killed My Favorite Cat in An Instant | What would you do?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Only had one dog that even attempted to bite one time. It was a rescue dog, part Shizu and part terrier of some sort. Little guy. Dang he was cute and always got compliments when walking it.
It did not like little children though. Maybe something from its past before we owned him. Abused by a kid? Don't know.
Relatives kid that was just crawling cornered him and it snapped, but didn't bite. Awhile later an older relatives kid, did the same trying to pick it up when cornered. You could see the terror in the dogs eyes and posture when cornered. He bit, but did not break the skin.
So, now we have an issue. Wife and I kind of figured out that we have to make the dog want to be friends and not be cornered to make friends with the kids. Older kids didn't try to corner it, and the dog tolerated them but was not friendly until we gave the kids some treats and had the dog came to them.
Once that happened, the dog was in their lap, and followed them around the house and outside. Total transformation.
From that point on, when toddlers were in the house, the dog was in the pen. He would actually run out there and stand at the gate.

C_Hallbert

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Let me add a brief anecdote:
During the winter of 1961, I was walking home in the snow from wrestling practice. As I passed a corner house at the end of my block, I heard a mewing sound and walked up to the house where I found five wet little kittens buried in the snow. They were so young that their eyes were still shut. Two were dead. I brought the others home where my mother and I warmed them and fed them with an eye dropper; but two more died before the next morning. One lived and grew but during the spring it was causing my mother to have itching eyes and sneezing.

A French girl I knew wanted it and took it home. She took it for a two month summer vacation to Vermont with her family (her father was an artist). Around the first of September, I was passing her house and stopped to talk. The cat approached us on the front lawn and I stooped to pet it. IT GRABBED MY RIGHT FOREARM DIGGING IN WITH ITS FRONT CLAWS WHILE RAPIDLY SCRATCHING MY ARM, SHREDDING MY SKIN, AND BITING ME AS DEEP AS IT COULD! I flung this ungrateful animal high into the air and it landed about twenty feet away on its feet. It was then that I realized that cats were the minions of the devil, with no saving graces, and the world would be a far better place without them…..

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
confuzzed2.jpg

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Let me add a brief anecdote:
During the winter of 1961, I was walking home in the snow from wrestling practice. As I passed a corner house at the end of my block, I heard a mewing sound and walked up to the house where I found five wet little kittens buried in the snow. They were so young that their eyes were still shut. Two were dead. I brought the others home where my mother and I warmed them and fed them with an eye dropper; but two more died before the next morning. One lived and grew but during the spring it was causing my mother to have itching eyes and sneezing.

A French girl I knew wanted it and took it home. She took it for a two month summer vacation to Vermont with her family (her father was an artist). Around the first of September, I was passing her house and stopped to talk. The cat approached us on the front lawn and I stooped to pet it. IT GRABBED MY RIGHT FOREARM DIGGING IN WITH ITS FRONT CLAWS WHILE RAPIDLY SCRATCHING MY ARM, SHREDDING MY SKIN, AND BITING ME AS DEEP AS IT COULD! I flung this ungrateful animal high into the air and it landed about twenty feet away on its feet. It was then that I realized that cats were the minions of the devil, with no saving graces, and the world would be a far better place without them…..

Oh wow! I gotta say that would have done it for me, too. Lol This cat, Miss Priss and her brother, Harvey, are both rescues -- out from under a porch they were sharing with 3 momma cats and approximately 30 kittens. 👀👀😲👀 The people who owned that house were tickled to death to find homes for these 2. Lol

Anyhow, they are the same way. Won't have anything to do with anybody but me. They tolerate Scott but don't go looking for him like they do me. And the couple of times I've tried to get them to come out (or stay out) when someone's been over, she has literally torn my ass up. She doesn't bite but she will dig those claws in trying to get away. She has absolutely no interest in making friends and influencing people. Haha! My chest looks like someone drug a roll of barbed wire across it right now. It was my fault. I was trying to get her to not be scared when the front door opens. 😬😬My mistake -- CLEARLY there is an immediate threat there that "we" need to get away from as quickly as possible. Our lives depend upon getting under the bed -- NOW!! 💀💀😂😂😂

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Won't have anything to do with anybody but me.
I had a cat like that once. She was a rescue insofar as I found her abandoned self in the middle of campus and took her home. She was young enough that she bonded with me, but she had been alone just long enough to be semi-feral, and wouldn’t have anything to do with anyone else.

When she was about a year or two old, she got some kind of infection and went from ok to nearly dead in the space of a few days. She was really bad when I took her to the vet, and she cost me $400 for an emergency spay.

The moment I knew she was going to be ok was when I went to pick her up and the vet tech came to the front desk and said, “umm, could you come back and get her? None of us can get near her…”

GUN DOG

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My 2 GSD’s in their own habitat will not let you pass out side of it walking they are fine. I was stopped picking up some propane tanks withe the boys in the truck and a passerby said as they were eyeing him not barking “ bet you couldn’t get in there “ I told him sure you could you just wouldn’t get out . My first GSD I recused would get so confused because my lab would love on everyone who came to the house it was funny he didn’t know to be in protective mode or not funny growlly barky happy wagging his butt off
we’re all happy daddy’s home from work

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Top Bottom