Dog Killed My Favorite Cat in An Instant | What would you do?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a Rottweiler and he was a cat killer. Otherwise a very trustworthy dog but I was going through barn cats fast between yotes, owls, and my Rott. I brought home 3 kittens and made an outdoor shelter to let them get bigger before they got out and roamed. One day I came home and my Rott had killed one that had gotten out. I took some duct tape and taped the dead cat under his chin around the neck and made him wear that all day in the summer heat. By the end of the day he had clawed at that cat trying to get it off to the point the cats head was clawed off. I removed the tape and the cat and from that day forward, if a cat got within 10' of my Rott, he got up and moved away. The same dog used to chew water hoses into short pieces. I took a 2' piece, put it crossways in his mouth and taped him muzzle shut where he could still breath of course, 20 minutes later I removed it after watching him trying so hard to get it out of his mouth. I think removing the tape was the worst part for him but he never chewed another hose.

Works with chickens also.
I did basically the same thing, and it didn’t work with my dog.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My momma never used a whole chicken. Just a good hunk of a thigh with leg on it. And I mean let it rot for week or so. If it was fresh kill we ate it and she would elect tape the head and neck on the dog.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’ve been told that beating a dog with a chicken that it killed will prevent it from killing chickens in the future. My dogs were never around chickens, so I never had to test that particular theory.

My dad did that. I dunno who was more traumatized, the dog or us kids. It was horrible.

This thread reminds me how much I dislike people. And how much I miss my GSDs. I love Dawg and he is a good Dawg. Knows what to kill (rats) and who to play nice with (cats, rabbits, chickens, ducks and quail). But he does not have that protective instinct my GSDs had. Well, everybody but Nero, God bless him. He was just like Dawg -- he was definitely a lover, not a fighter. Lol

Latest posts

Top Bottom