Do guys EVER get tired??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Tenacity is passed on, but also needs to be taught and seen. To many young males being raised without a Dad.

The man that raised my brothers and I told me one time there will come a time where you’ll need to grab another gear, and there won’t be one to grab. He said this when he was 70, it hit me recently.
I was shown and taught, also tried to pass it on. "It's got to be done, it's not going to do itself. Tomorrow it will be something else needing doing. So, get it done."

Grandson needed a job, told him, GY was hiring. He says, "I'm not working there."
Ask him, "you think I LIKE it?" He looks at me funny, says, "you don't? Why do it?"

"Because I have a family to feed, I like having a dependable truck, bills paid, money in my pocket and good food."

Thanks to Gates virus, my transmission has dropped 2 gears and 3rd is slipping, but I am still moving forward.

Hormones, vitamins, physical condition does effect ability. Attitude is the main factor. Just get done what needs doing.

Papa worked the oil field at night and farmed cotton by day, when first married and raising kids. Quit oilfield, after I was born. Was a roofer until 65 years old, worked my butt off.
He passed at 73 years old, a cold, February afternoon. He had put a new muffler on his pick up that morning. Came in for lunch and told Mom to call ambulance. He didn't make it to the hospital.

I should be so lucky.

BillM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes, I get tired. Then I go to bed and sleep.
I go to bed after I get tired, then get the wife a snack and a drink, refill the hot water bottle, let the dog out, and then often can't get back to sleep. Like now. Been awake for hours... Didn't get to sleep until after 12:30, up before 5:00... had 1 cup of Earl Grey yesterday morning... gotta go try to juggle the budget yet again... found out over the past few days what the ER visits & hospitalizations are going to cost me, and need to fit them into the new budget... isn't really all that much, considering what they billed my insurance, but dammit, I just got it refigured Thursday, was up early Friday refiguting, and I was up late last night refiguring... today I'm going to repair a broken mop handle instead of buying a new one... oh well. Keeps me busy and out if the bars. :)

Head Mule

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I mean tired of EVERYTHING (Said with the same inflection as that chick in the commercial says "NOTHING!" about mopping. 🤷

One of the things I admired about the men I grew up around (farmers, ranchers, cowboys and professional football players) is they NEVER stopped. NEVER. No matter what happened they just kept plugging along like it was another day in Paradise.

No matter that their favorite dog has just died, their wife had just run off and left a note on the dinner table say "Later!", and we were forecast with -30F weather with a -4639425565 wind chill smack dab in the middle of calving season and all the girls were in the back 40 because that's where the "good grass" was and the Cowboys were having a bad season, the kid just fell and broke his arm and the truck needed an oil change ...

What got this started is a show some feminist was ranting on about toxic masculinity. And I'm just sitting here wondering why a woman (women today, not me -- let me make THAT perfectly clear 🤭) wouldn't want that toxic masculinity hanging around?? I mean y'all are the men who get **** done.🤷

Well, and that led to how the **** do y'all do it?? I'm not gonna lie, I'm more like a man than a woman in a lot of respects but as God is my witness I WILL blow my top of things get too outta hand. Far as I am concerned there is such a thing as a bridge too far and I'm standing right here, tapping my toe, waiting for your dumbass to cross it so I can tell you what a piece of **** you are. 🤬🤬🤬🤬

I know, I'm an odd cat ... Lol

So anyhow, how do y'all do it?? 🤷

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
We actually have had that discussion here. GOOD GOD!!🫣🫣🫣🫣🫣 I finally just picked out what I wanted. Know what he said?? Why is the wall white when you wanted to paint it gray??? 🤦🤦🤦
Maybe you can answer my question about the home women think is the most perfect home built just for them when they buy it but have to remodel the damn thing a week later?

Latest posts

Top Bottom