Hey you guys derailing the dog thread -- get in here ...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
MSN

Ok I have SO. MANY. QUESTIONS about why this fella is being a whiny ***** but the most important one is who the **** spends $540,000 on "an apartment"??

For example, I didn't buy my house until I was in my 40s, pissed my realtor off because I wouldn't look at anything over a certain price, which was WELL under what I could qualify for, and took out a 30 year note to make SURE I could afford the payments if something happened and I lost one of my 3 jobs.

Y'all accuse Boomers of always living beyond their means ... And that may be for some of us, but there are plenty of us who did not (live above our means). Seems like a solid case of pot kettle kettle pot here.

Again, why is he not making $10k/month doing whatever all these tictokkers are doing? 🤷

Just know that y'alls' carrying on about how different things are now than they were then doesn't solve anything. I know kids who are sharing apartments with 3 and 4 other kids their age in order to afford the rent. My question is if you are doing that to make ends meet why the **** are you in the newest, most expensive apartment complex in town instead of in a more moderately priced apartment where you can actually put a little of the money you make back for emergencies?? Why are you hitting town every Friday night instead of watching Netflix at home?? Or better yet studying something that interests you AND makes you more upwardly mobile in the job market?? Why do you have to DoorDash in every night instead of eating sammiches and chips?? And splurging on a Bud Light??

I mean seriously ... All this angst is not getting anyone anywhere ... I'm still retired, and you're still going to work at one job that doesn't pay well but also doesn't make you leave your pacifier (your cell phone) in your locker. 🤷 Seems to me like you are exactly where you WANT to be or you'd be doing your damnest to get out. 🤷🤷🤷

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was not in the dog thread but I LOVE the words that come out of your mouth.
It's just a fact of financial in the know.

It does not take a rocket scientist to add up numbers.
Seems many today can't add up numbers and never look at the entire picture.

I always looked at the entire picture, all the numbers.
One big money saver is to do everything yourself.
At least try to do everything.

GnometownHero

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
71yr old retiree living on $25k/yr social security pondering the money stupid people spend trying to one up each other's drama output.......

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1486393497000 Copy Copy.JPG
    FB_IMG_1486393497000 Copy Copy.JPG
    88.5 KB · Views: 0

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Yep. I had house payments of $348 a month. And I have roofed it , plumbed it, remodeled it and fixing to install central heat and air with the help of a friend.... Will be living in high cotton I tell ya:sunbath: ... It is paid for , so now I work because I like my job, not because I am keeping the wolves away!!

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was in Oregon many years ago and stayed with my ill uncle.
His girlfriend came over and i split to the apartment next door to his girlfriends friends place.

Playing checkers, cards and chess for a few hours and talking with her.
All of them are boomers and I just missed the boat there. Gen X.

But what I remember most of that long conversation with her was she never met anyone that had ever paid off a house.

WOW! That blew my mind.
My parents always upgraded houses and cars and were in the mindset that was the way to be I suppose.

I do not owe anyone anything. I like to keep it that way.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wasn't always smart with money. OK, I was smart with money, I just wasn't disciplined. I got my financial tits in a wringer a time or two. When I finally pulled my head out the financial view improved immensely, I started practicing what I always knew, and life got much better.

I retired 3 years ago at 59. I love being retired. I loved growing up when I did in the age of the coolest cars and coolest music. I worked hard my entire life...nothing was ever given to me. My wife is the same way. We're enjoying the effort we put into our lives in our younger, productive years.

Now I gotta go find the dog thread to see what the hell we're talking about.

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
MSN

Ok I have SO. MANY. QUESTIONS about why this fella is being a whiny ***** but the most important one is who the **** spends $540,000 on "an apartment"??

For example, I didn't buy my house until I was in my 40s, pissed my realtor off because I wouldn't look at anything over a certain price, which was WELL under what I could qualify for, and took out a 30 year note to make SURE I could afford the payments if something happened and I lost one of my 3 jobs.

Y'all accuse Boomers of always living beyond their means ... And that may be for some of us, but there are plenty of us who did not (live above our means). Seems like a solid case of pot kettle kettle pot here.

Again, why is he not making $10k/month doing whatever all these tictokkers are doing? 🤷

Just know that y'alls' carrying on about how different things are now than they were then doesn't solve anything. I know kids who are sharing apartments with 3 and 4 other kids their age in order to afford the rent. My question is if you are doing that to make ends meet why the **** are you in the newest, most expensive apartment complex in town instead of in a more moderately priced apartment where you can actually put a little of the money you make back for emergencies?? Why are you hitting town every Friday night instead of watching Netflix at home?? Or better yet studying something that interests you AND makes you more upwardly mobile in the job market?? Why do you have to DoorDash in every night instead of eating sammiches and chips?? And splurging on a Bud Light??

I mean seriously ... All this angst is not getting anyone anywhere ... I'm still retired, and you're still going to work at one job that doesn't pay well but also doesn't make you leave your pacifier (your cell phone) in your locker. 🤷 Seems to me like you are exactly where you WANT to be or you'd be doing your damnest to get out. 🤷🤷🤷
Amen

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
$100k in the bank....check
$300k in his 401k....check
Makes $185k a year....check

Did I read that right?

This guy is beyond help.

He's worried about paying off his $540k mtg in 25 years? It's almost as if he thinks he has to stretch that mtg over the whole 25 years. That's what wrong with people these days. They commit to a mtg note and resent having to pay it. Heaven forbid he pays more than is required each month. 'Eff him...

Latest posts

Top Bottom