Bucket List ...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gadsden

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can get you to a blind and have a rifle in a tripod for you. It will be fully supported and no recoil. Holiday antlerless season is coming up. 18th-31st.
Good luck with that! If she yaps her gums in person like she does on here, there won’t be a deer within 5 miles.🤣

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Prevost was my target.
And I do have enough money (not today but soon to get a large amount) to buy one new but im looking for a pre owned that someone wants to sell fast for the money. There's alot of them out there in this economy.
Been researching this for a while. Yes I had an F 350 and a $17k fith wheel. Nothing special but it was a year old and well kept. Alot of memories with the ex wife and step son in that rig but it was alot of work.
I just like the idea of unplugging, drop the water hose and go. More easy for this crippled ol man.
Wife and I were thinking of getting an Airstream about 7 years ago. Wanted an E350 to pull it with. (there were some logistical reasons for this specifically)

We ended up converting van to 4x4, putting in complete new drivetrain , adding a bed, heater, fridge, Maxxair fans, awning, etc. It's still very usable as a utility vehicle or mini-RV, and it'll get you places most vehicles can't go. It wasn't cheap, but it was much. much less than an RV, and after travelling all over the country in it, we're really glad we didn't get a rig to pull. Something to consider - check out Primal Outdoors on Youtube, guy has a van similar to ours and pretty well lives in it.

hammerdown51

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do you have one?? If you do, how has it changed over the years?? If you don't, why not?? Whatcha wanna do before your soul shucks off this beat up meat sack and move on to the next dimension??

Me?? I dunno. The tree got me thinking -- imagine that!!😂😂😂 Mine's not too fancy because I really am a homebody. Traveling has never been my thing. But ... I would like to ride a motorcycle again before I die. (Silly huh?) And go on a deer hunt. And grow enough figs on my fig tree to make a jar of jam. 🤦😂 Oh what else?? Hmmmm ... Go dancing (that one won't happen with Grumpy. He's such a stick in the mud. 🙄) so I'll just step out to Triples ... Or maybe Margherita Island some night -- then the weather warms up. 😂 Yes, I'm a fairy weather club-hopper. 😉

On a more serious note, I would like to opportunity to tell each of my boys how much I love them. And I'd like to be able to walk a mile again. The 2 Run-N-Guns I did I found I enjoyed the walking more than anything else. Probably because I was back out in the country. I'm surrounded by suburbia here. 😬 I mean it's okay but it's nothing like living back off the last dirt road 7 miles from the highway, with house you can look out the kitchen window and see the cows hanging out around the pond. 🤷🤷

I could probably think of a lot more things but mine are boring, so entertain me guys ... Whatcha wanna do before you croak??
Had several. I completed my Beatles bucket list back in September. Abbey Road then Cavern Club in Liverpool along with a visit to the Royal Albert Hall. Next on the list is Yellowstone.

Attachments

• IMG_0925.jpeg
    IMG_0925.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I've never understood the whole RV thing. Spent 3 weeks in a smaller one going around parts of Alaska with an ex girlfriend. Every time I saw a guy by himself on a motorcycle I was wishing I could trade him places. Maybe it was her, maybe it was me, or maybe the RV. It costs a fortune for gas and upkeep. I'd rather just camp or stay in a nice hotel. I do think the traveling around part would be interesting.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
That's pretty cool. I knew about the Iron Butt Association and their rides, but I never heard of Hoka Hey. It probably won't ever happen for me at this stage of my life, buy ya never know.
Pretty cool and I've never done it either. I did the Iron Butt thing for a couple of years. My longest was OKC to Boise in 23 hours. John Ryan was big into the longest rides in the world and has the record for a ride from Prudoe Bay to Key West. There's a book about him called The Man Who Would Stop At Nothing. He died in a bike wreck.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
please tell me you aren't doing both at the same time

Actually, I am having both knees done, but they are partial replacements and not full. Recuperation time is supposed to be much shorter. Besides, with both giving me trouble and getting both done, I can get back to doing what I want sooner.

Latest posts

Top Bottom