Do guys EVER get tired??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've given this some thought. Maybe I need to get a blood test. But ... I dunno. I cannot imagine I've had high amounts of testosterone all my life. I mean I did go through puberty and my balls didn't drop so I'm assuming that means I don't have any. 🤷
Lemme see if I can do this with a little decorum. Hormones have a TON do do with it. I wasn’t a couch potato by any stretch but I certainly didn’t have the zip I thought I should. Had by testosterone tested and it was half the minimum number. Started getting a shot every two weeks which lead to more energy and I lost 50 pounds in the process. Poor Linda had to endure me becoming a horny teenager for a number of months but things have settled down and I’m in a good place.
For women it’s just as important to have your hormone levels where they belong but a bit more complicated. Your doc can put in a prescription to a compounding pharmacy that will make you a cream. Place a bead sized bit between your labia and you’ll be set. Using the cream instead of a pill drastically reduces the risk of cancer because you’re using a much smaller dose. Also they’ll be able to adjust the cream to suit your body’s specific needs. What else? Grumpy doesn’t have to worry about growing breasts either. If you wait a couple hours after application to enjoy each other in the Biblical sense there’s no risk of cross contamination. I will say for women taking hormones the risk of cancer goes up exponentially if you are a smoker and isn’t a good idea. Quit the smokes, use the cream and you’ll have more energy, sleep better, have more interest in sex and feel like your old self again.

BillM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I mean tired of EVERYTHING (Said with the same inflection as that chick in the commercial says "NOTHING!" about mopping. 🤷

One of the things I admired about the men I grew up around (farmers, ranchers, cowboys and professional football players) is they NEVER stopped. NEVER. No matter what happened they just kept plugging along like it was another day in Paradise.

No matter that their favorite dog has just died, their wife had just run off and left a note on the dinner table say "Later!", and we were forecast with -30F weather with a -4639425565 wind chill smack dab in the middle of calving season and all the girls were in the back 40 because that's where the "good grass" was and the Cowboys were having a bad season, the kid just fell and broke his arm and the truck needed an oil change ...

What got this started is a show some feminist was ranting on about toxic masculinity. And I'm just sitting here wondering why a woman (women today, not me -- let me make THAT perfectly clear 🤭) wouldn't want that toxic masculinity hanging around?? I mean y'all are the men who get **** done.🤷

Well, and that led to how the **** do y'all do it?? I'm not gonna lie, I'm more like a man than a woman in a lot of respects but as God is my witness I WILL blow my top of things get too outta hand. Far as I am concerned there is such a thing as a bridge too far and I'm standing right here, tapping my toe, waiting for your dumbass to cross it so I can tell you what a piece of **** you are. 🤬🤬🤬🤬

I know, I'm an odd cat ... Lol

So anyhow, how do y'all do it?? 🤷
When I was 16, met a guy in the small Western Colorado town we'd moved to the previous year. Mac was 77 years old, and was selling his appliance repair business to my dad. That old man worked me into the ground. My dad could do the same. He was still a young guy then. Only 17 years older than I am. I am and have always been uneasily aware that I'm not half the man either of those guys were. There were giants on those days. I was already taller than either of them then, but will never measure up. And I'm 68 now, and still trying. It's not looking good for the home team.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Tenacity is passed on, but also needs to be taught and seen. To many young males being raised without a Dad.

The man that raised my brothers and I told me one time there will come a time where you’ll need to grab another gear, and there won’t be one to grab. He said this when he was 70, it hit me recently.

Last edited:

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lemme see if I can do this with a little decorum. Hormones have a TON do do with it. I wasn’t a couch potato by any stretch but I certainly didn’t have the zip I thought I should. Had by testosterone tested and it was half the minimum number. Started getting a shot every two weeks which lead to more energy and I lost 50 pounds in the process. Poor Linda had to endure me becoming a horny teenager for a number of months but things have settled down and I’m in a good place.
For women it’s just as important to have your hormone levels where they belong but a bit more complicated. Your doc can put in a prescription to a compounding pharmacy that will make you a cream. Place a bead sized bit between your labia and you’ll be set. Using the cream instead of a pill drastically reduces the risk of cancer because you’re using a much smaller dose. Also they’ll be able to adjust the cream to suit your body’s specific needs. What else? Grumpy doesn’t have to worry about growing breasts either. If you wait a couple hours after application to enjoy each other in the Biblical sense there’s no risk of cross contamination. I will say for women taking hormones the risk of cancer goes up exponentially if you are a smoker and isn’t a good idea. Quit the smokes, use the cream and you’ll have more energy, sleep better, have more interest in sex and feel like your old self again.

Hmmm ... Let me ponder that. I've approached my doc about HRT and she is hellbent against it even though researchers are now saying that the link to HRT and cancer was "significantly overblown". Don't smoke but I will say I have been tempted to take it up lately. What's it gonna do?? Kill me?? 🤷 I worked in a bar for a couple of years to keep food on the table and a roof over our heads when the boys were little so I basically smoked for 3-4 nights every week for 2 years. Every time I see someone smoking I want a cigarette so bad I can taste it. Kinda expensive now though so ... Maybe Diet Coke will be my only addiction for now.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Tenacity is passed on, but also needs to be taught and seen. To many young males being raised without a Dad.

The man that raised my brothers and I told me one time there will come a time where you’ll need to grab another gear, and there won’t be one to grab. He said this when he was 70, it hit me recently.

I've got the tenacity. That's not really what the problem is here. But I know what you mean about missing a gear. That damned tree took the snot right outta me. Doesn't matter how stubborn you are if your body says "**** you".

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have had to do what was required to care for a family member for years, and it is about to end. Too tired to even understand how tired I am.

Oh honey. BTDT let me warn you right now. It's not all it's cracked up to be -- in the beginning. I used to wander the house thinking I was missing something. Yeah, it was WORK. đź«Ł

Weird, right?? But it happens that way. Find something you like to do -- maybe always wanted to do. Something that will give you a reason to get out of bed. Don't be surprised if you are a little depressed, even if you WANTED to stop working. It happens.

Take care of yourself. And try to relax. I know I know but it's harder than it sounds sometimes.

I'm happy for you. Once you adjust and hit your stride you will feel 30 years younger.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good gosh, imagine if grey was on there. Don't go grab some gray paint with your wife.."real quick." ya better block out some time!
Bought a gallon of gray, yesterday. Took about 5 minutes, in and out.

I was a paint manager for several years.
She picked out some kitchen/dining room floor. Said she was painting the base boards white.

I asked how that white would look after a few moppings? She says, "pick me a good color."

I looked at the chip board and picked 1. Then grabbed 6 more chips around my choice.

We returned to flooring and laid the 7 colors out. Ask her, "which one?"

She picked my 1st choice.

Latest posts

Top Bottom