Hey you guys derailing the dog thread -- get in here ...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adhdferret

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
What a small world!! I lived in that neighborhood before I bought my house. I know EXACTLY what you were dealing with. It was rough even back in 1999.

Nope, I wasn't a cop. That was Grumpy. But I see where you are going and yes, he did it because he thought he could make a change. He did make changes -- in individual lives (one of the worst arguments we ever had was over the fact I watched him treat a felon, with a list of warrants longer than I am tall, better than he treats me. 😲👀👀👀 Bastard ... 😉😂). Me?? I'm a dyed in the wool capitalist. I worked for ... Gasp ... Lawyers nearly my entire working career.

I think you and I are pretty much the same. EXCEPT ... I do not believe there is a way to get where you wish (and me, too, for that matter) to go. It is impossible because not everyone is like you ... And me. There will always be some who have figured out how to work the system; a great many more who want to work the system but never really figured it out; some who don't want to be bothered by ANY system, even one that benefits them; and then those of us who don't want to exchange our freedom of choice to become a part of the system. Oh ... And finally, those who wind up paying for the system. Some of those distinctions overlap a bit but you get my drift, I think.

Like I said before, the human condition will not ever allow for what you want to do. It doesn't even work with rats. I'd go look up the links and post them for you -- it was a classic psychological experiment and the scientist's name escapes me right now -- but my head is pounding so I'll come back later and post it.

You guys all have a good afternoon. I'm gonna retreat to my cave and contemplate digging my eyes out with a spoon. Maybe that will help ... Gah ...
Get better by the time you read this.

I am doing exactly what I want to do, I am learning about others via this site. I get people don't like my views, that is awsome so long as we can discuss it and I can see their reasoning.

That happens more times here than it doesn't and it is why I engage. What I do know is that what we been doing doesn't work.

We need to try something else, so as such I become the change I want to see. I instill those aspects with my son as well. Granted his experience of the world is different entirely.

Like education. He has the absolute distain for teachers over 60. You want to know why?

Because every single one demands "obey without delay" and that is not going to fly in my house, I encourage him to ask me for my reasons when I give him instruction. He deserves to know more than because I said so.

I deal with this often because you don't get to be the parent to my child, you had your chance, now you do your job and you do only that.

Had to deal with principals, teachers, admin, and the whole gambit because he defended some autistic girl, just as I instilled with him..he never raised his hand, never did a thing but ask them to stop.

But since black vs white it became so much more, then when he reported a possible school shooter it was swept under the rug till I called the local PD.

Again over 65 and told me I was the problem since he needs to mind his own business.

Most every single interaction I have with a "boomer" is of them telling me what it is that I should do, when honestly they are struggling themselves.

I may appear hostile, and I might come back with a witty retort, I keep it respectful as I can.

Also I can explain why he treated that felon better than you, it is because that person needed that help to not keep ending up in his life.

You dont need that, you seem to me a good person as many others here do as well, they just put there cape on and become SUPER MAD!

Last edited:

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Like education. He has the absolute distain for teachers over 60. You want to know why?

Because every single one demands "obey without delay" and that is not going to fly in my house, I encourage him to ask me for my reasons when I give him instruction. He deserves to know more than because I said so.
That’s what’s wrong with kids today. Weak parents who teach their kids to have distain for teachers and other adults. I suspect he will grow up to be another entitled loser.

Adhdferret

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That’s what’s wrong with kids today. Weak parents who teach their kids to have distain for teachers and other adults. I suspect he will grow up to be another entitled loser.
No, he is in JROTC currently.

He wants to work refulers or on AWKS. He doesn't have a distain for teachers, he has the distain for compliance without cause is all.

He also helps some elderly with their yards on his own accord, not mine. He is learning Spanish and French as well so that he can communicate with others or translate so they have a voice.

Pstmstr

Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
No, he is in JROTC currently.

He wants to work refulers or on AWKS. He doesn't have a distain for teachers, he has the distain for compliance without cause is all.

He also helps some elderly with their yards on his own accord, not mine. He is learning Spanish and French as well so that he can communicate with others or translate so they have a voice.
He’s gonna do really good in the military when he asks his superiors to explain their instructions.😂 I spent almost 4 years watching inmates at the United States Disciplinary Barracks who had similar issues.
Americans have a voice. English is the language we use. Maybe @RickN could use some help weed eating and using a push mower in the places that riding mower won’t reach. He could explain to him why the grass needs to be shorter and ask him pretty please.

Adhdferret

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He’s gonna do really good in the military when he asks his superiors to explain their instructions.😂 I spent almost 4 years watching inmates at the United States Disciplinary Barracks who had similar issues.
Americans have a voice. English is the language we use. Maybe @RickN could use some help weed eating and using a push mower in the places that riding mower won’t reach. He could explain to him why the grass needs to be shorter and ask him pretty please.
Let me get this right?

As to saying something constructive you instead downplay his significance and role because you want to insult someone's child?

How does that make your life better? How would you meaningfully equate my sons mindset to your experience with prison inmates?

Is that how you see people that just want to know why they are doing something they were told? For reference it is what I have done my adult life.

I want to understand why so that it is I can be better than the person before me that didn't care why, they just did it without context.

Same for my son, it isnt disrespectful it is how we as humans strive to make our good better and our better the best.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sadly I do not make a good boss. To short tempered and I expect people to at least try. When we had our business I let the wife deal with the employees and I handled the internet, making our catalogues, pricing, repairs, etc. Had a good business until the government screwed things up. Even with my type A personality. A for azzhole that is. :P

Seriously I put in 10 to 18 hour days, I expected 8 from our employees.

Pstmstr

Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Let me get this right?

As to saying something constructive you instead downplay his significance and role because you want to insult someone's child?

How does that make your life better? How would you meaningfully equate my sons mindset to your experience with prison inmates?

Is that how you see people that just want to know why they are doing something they were told? For reference it is what I have done my adult life.

I want to understand why so that it is I can be better than the person before me that didn't care why, they just did it without context.

Same for my son, it isnt disrespectful it is how we as humans strive to make our good better and our better the best.
Let’s be clear. I’m taking about you as a parent and how I expect your kid will do poorly in life as a result. I’ve read your pages and pages of absolute BS. A teacher or other authority figure shouldn’t have to explain to a kid why they are expected to do something. Their job is hard enough without some snot nosed liberal in training asking why they should do as they’re told. I have no doubt you were the same way. It’s a perfect explanation for the place you’ve found yourself today.

Adhdferret

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Let’s be clear. I’m taking about you as a parent and how I expect your kid will do poorly in life as a result. I’ve read your pages and pages of absolute BS. A teacher or other authority figure shouldn’t have to explain to a kid why they are expected to do something. Their job is hard enough without some snot nosed liberal in training asking why they should do as they’re told. I have no doubt you were the same way. It’s a perfect explanation for the place you’ve found yourself today.
Explain how you can do anything properly without understanding why you are doing it?

Since this is a page about firearms for example. If someone just said assemble this AR lower and you dont see the distinction of orientation of the disconnector spring is large side down.

Because no one said this is how it works, this is why this part is here, and then it fails in functioning...is that their fault too?

You are making this into something so you can have the most extreme example to belittle someone as much as you can and feel superior.

We all eat, sleep, and put our pants on every day you know?

Pstmstr

Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Explain how you can do anything properly without understanding why you are doing it?

Since this is a page about firearms for example. If someone just said assemble this AR lower and you dont see the distinction of orientation of the disconnector spring is large side down.

Because no one said this is how it works, this is why this part is here, and then it fails in functioning...is that their fault too?

You are making this into something so you can have the most extreme example to belittle someone as much as you can and feel superior.

We all eat, sleep, and put our pants on every day you know?
There is a big difference between not understanding how to do something versus having distain for a teacher because of their age and refusing to do what you’re told until they explain why. But you know this, you’re just trying to make excuses for a belligerent kid.

Latest posts

Top Bottom