Bucket List ...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought a walker last week on Amazon. Some days I need it, others I don't but I've taken a few falls the last year.
Good for you, Clay

If you want the motothome, go for it. Get what works for you.

When we got our first RV, my Aunt was constantly telling us why we didn't want what we wanted and should get such and such. Finally told her, "what works for you, will not work for us."

Absolutely, find that barely used 2-3 year old. Save the $$$. The economy will drop those new prices, too. RV shows will start up in Feb. Last day of show is a great time to get a deal.

Hope everything works out for you. Enjoy the adventure.

Camo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Got to see Alcatraz this year, I would not make a special trip to see it. I would see it if in SF for other reasons. Coolest part was watching the coast guard practice water rescues not far off the island from a helo for 45 minutes.
Seen the CG practice way too many times as it is. 18 years to be precise. Lol

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought a walker last week on Amazon. Some days I need it, others I don't but I've taken a few falls the last year.

I had a pretty frank discussion with my PCP today. I'm fixing to start PT. Again.

I've got a cane and I'm fixing to start using it so Dawg and I can walk a little farther than what we've managed the last few days. I know I'm significantly weaker all up and down my back and in my core than I have ever been in my life.

All I know is every single person I've ever known who gave up and took the easy way out, and refused to exercise due to the pain it caused them, when it came to significant injuries passed on within 5 years of those injuries.

I am NOT gonna be one of those people. I do feel significantly better mentally since I stopped taking the Percocet and Nucynta. But I also hurt a lot more and when I try to be even remotely active (walk the dog, mop the floor, go anywhere in the car -- even if it's just running to the grocery store for a couple things) I pay dearly for it.

One day at a time, I guess. I have been attempting some VERY beginner bodyweight exercises but damn they suck the life right outta me. Lol I'm not quitting though.

Life is an adventure. And I have things to do. 🤷😁

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Come out and try square dancing. I got dragged to lessons a while back, and honestly it is more fun than I ever thought! No fancy footwork needed, if you can walk and know right from left then you will do fine. Bonus is you will meet lots of great people! Bring Grumpy or don't :P there will be plenty of experienced dancers to fill in and make him jealous, lol. First lesson is a free trial and if I remember right, this location isn't far from you. No excuses ;)

Ohhhhh!! That looks like fun!! Thanks! I don't mind coming without Grumpy cuz he's ... Well ... Grumpy! 😂😂😂

This will give me a month or so to get a little strength built up so I can get on without my cane and I will definitely join you guys! Thanks so much!! I would have NEVER thought of this! 😘 This is a GREAT birthday present to me!! 😁😁

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ohhhhh!! That looks like fun!! Thanks! I don't mind coming without Grumpy cuz he's ... Well ... Grumpy! 😂😂😂

This will give me a month or so to get a little strength built up so I can get on without my cane and I will definitely join you guys! Thanks so much!! I would have NEVER thought of this! 😘
I learned do square dance with my parents at age 11 or 12. It was fun and alot of good exercise.

Last edited:

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mrs 788 and I have some Bucket list items.

-Buy travel trailer/5th wheel and travel the South during college football season. Attend as many SEC tailgate parties as possiuble. Jsut enjoy the experience and would be something completely different that we have in the past. Spend long weekends in the college towns tailgating and hitting the bars, etc.

-Using said trailer to travel the New England coast during the Fall and enjoy all the fresh lobster, clam chowder and seafood one could eat for weeks at a time.

-Own a home/cabin in Montana with a couple acres and buts up to BLM land. Either in the Madison Valley in or around the Ennis area or up near the West Entrance to Glacier National Park. Spend the Summers in MT and Fall and Winters in OK.

-Go on an elk hunt in NM, CO, WY or MT. It was also a bucketlist item for my FIL but he's getting too old to do it now and has pushed me to make it happen before too much time slips away. And to make this hunt a yearly adventure.

-Travel and Camp in Alaska for about a month in an RV/TT/5th wheel. Seeing all points and really relaxing and enjoying the scenery.

Gotta go to bed. will update more this weekend.

Latest posts

Top Bottom