Which ammo.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cody1987

New to the site!
Reaction score
Hi guys my name is Cody and I have a Springfield xd 4" 9mm and a Springfield xd 3'' 40. I already have a pack of hollow points for both of the guns just for the house and ccw. My question is for going out and target shooting nothing serious but still accurate whats a good brass cased bullet to go with without spending a butt load of money. I figured brass case so I can start saving the cases incase someday I want to reload them.

Maverick21

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just go with what's cheap. More than likely at the average distance you should be shooting at it won't make much difference. I usually get winchester white box but just got some sellier and bellot (misspelled?) for cheap so just loaded up on it.

By the way, welcome to OSA

StammesOpfer

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been shooting federal since it is cheapest normally at wally world $10 for 9mm and $13-14 for .40 but last time i was at academy they had brass monarch 9mm for $8 so I picked up a few extra boxes. Both shoot well haven't had any problems so far.

Dbltap

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree the cheapest brass cased you can find. Usually win white box or Remington umc. You're not going to notice a difference in accuracy like you can with a rifle. FYI I got some of the sellier & bellot .45 a few years ago and didn't like it be because it had the red sealer around the primer which transferred to the breech face on my pistol. Dang hard to get it off and wondered if it would gum up the firing pin after a while.

Latest posts

Top Bottom