Which choke type fits Browning B80-SL???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bigfoot

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I need to know for sure what type of choke tube fits my 12 Gauge Browning B80-SL, so I can order a new screw-in-choke...It is a Browning B80-SL, [superlight]. All I have is a Cylinder Bore choke tube. I think I want a .665 XX-full Choke tube to shoot at turkey shoots [paper] and for high flying birds. I have been told by some that the extra full and XX Full won't shoot any tighter on paper than a plain full choke. But card shooters and block shooters use tighter chokes. Any ideas? Facts? I am sure several of you know the answers....Thanks ahead of time!

shortgrass

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Best check that owners manual for choke style. I do know about choke constrictions though. My professional advice is 'stay away from the extra tight chokes', (I own and operate a full time custom shop, graduated from Montgomery Community College 2yr. Gunsmithing Program, class of '93). By constricting the shot string as much as the extra full choke tube will, the pattern will be so poor you won't be gaining a thing in distance. I recently removed, quit forcefully I might ad, a tube of that exact constriction from a Stoger automatic. It ruined the tube (the owner tried removal himself and had it trashed before it came to me, I would have ruined it if he had not done so already, no choice if he wanted it out), the owner was lucky the barrel wasn't ruined too. The added force to the tube of the extra tight constriction literally 'ironed' the tube skirt to the barrel. The shotgun is inertia operated and I can just imagine the beating the action was taking (I was only getting paid to remove that stubborn tube). If I cared anything about that shotgun at all I wouldn't put that extra tight tube in it. ( I wouldn't think card shooters would be shooting automatics)

Latest posts

Top Bottom