Which do you like better, morning or evening hunts?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AM or PM hunts?

• Total voters

hard_r

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It seems that I see more activity in the evenings, most of my bucks have been shot in the evening. But I much prefer morning hunts. There is no time limit, so if you have deer in front of you, you can wait it out as long as it takes. And If you get one you have light to track, gut, and process that booger without staying up all night. What about you guys, morning or evening?

AllOut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It seems that I see more activity in the evenings, most of my bucks have been shot in the evening. But I much prefer morning hunts. There is no time limit, so if you have deer in front of you, you can wait it out as long as it takes. And If you get one you have light to track, gut, and process that booger without staying up all night. What about you guys, morning or evening?

I kind of the same way
I work evenings/nights and I hate waking up early... I have issues sleeping
That being said, I like morning hunts best but I think evening hunts are better or more productive. It seems to me like mornings are fast and furious right at sun up then die down quick. Evenings, the hunt just gets better as it goes. But when you kill a deer in the morning you have all day to deal with it (track, gut, butcher or take it to, run to taxi etc). Evening kills can make for a long night...

kroberts2131

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is my first year hunting but so far I like mornings better. Went today and had a lot of activity. By far, my best hunt so far. I've been going mostly in the evenings though. Both have their up's and downs. Either way, 4 hours is about the longest I can make myself stay out.

VIKING

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like the morning hunts better but most of the really good bucks I've taken has been between 11 am and 3 pm. I took a 15 point a couple of weeks ago and he came out at 5:20 pm and this was much later than normal.

Latest posts

Top Bottom