Which mower

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Foghorn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Old John deere rider had finally reached the point where it's not worth fixing...
Narrowed down the choices to a toro time cutter 50 or the hustler raptor sd 54. Both seem to be pretty much the same, engine, hydros ect.. toro had unlimited hours on warranty hustler has an hour limit... price is the same.
Any thoughts?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

backspur

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just purchased a zero turn after some thorough research. At the $4000 price point I had settled on the Hustler Raptor SD. I felt it was better built than the Toro. Plus, it was available with the Kawasaki engine.

Foghorn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for the input.. even though the warranty is a little less, I'm leaning towards the hustler since the dealer is local. Less drive time should it require work..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Bad boy ztr does it for me on the property. I have the 60" model that replaced my craftsman 48" lawn tractor. My mowing time went from 6 hours to 1.8. That much more time I can spend at the lake.

Ace_on_the_Turn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Bad boy ztr does it for me on the property. I have the 60" model that replaced my craftsman 48" lawn tractor. My mowing time went from 6 hours to 1.8. That much more time I can spend at the lake.

An hour and 48 minutes? Now that's being precise! At our lake place I mow about 3/4 of an acre. I have a Craftsman lawn tractor that does the job. Last year one of the spindles went bad. A friend loaned me his Bad Boy ZTR. Holy hell, that thing runs like a scalded dog. I did my yard so fast I mowed my neighbor's just for the hell of it.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
An hour and 48 minutes? Now that's being precise! At our lake place I mow about 3/4 of an acre. I have a Craftsman lawn tractor that does the job. Last year one of the spindles went bad. A friend loaned me his Bad Boy ZTR. Holy hell, that thing runs like a scalded dog. I did my yard so fast I mowed my neighbor's just for the hell of it.
With a factory installed hour meter its easy to be very precise.

Cedar Creek

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Any discussion on Kohler vs Kawasaki engines? Our local source dropped BigDog mowers because they went from Kawasaki to Kohler. I looked online at the Hustler Raptor SD - they have a 36" which might be just right because I have a narrow space to get from front yard to back yard.

Cedar Creek

Latest posts

Top Bottom