Which mower

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I Love my Raptor SD 60". I think the consensus is Kawasaki over Kohler, but the upper end Kohler's are pretty good too. My 17 year old New Holland has a Kohler Command twin and with about 700 hours on it, its the best part of that mower.

Travis798

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A good local dealer can be important. I have a Bad Boy and love it, but I've only had it this season and only have about 20 hours on it. My Stepdad has a Bad Boy MZ, which is their lowest model, and hasn't had any trouble with his and I believe it's on it's 3rd season. If you have narrowed it down to the two you mentioned, it's time to stop comparing mowers and start comparing dealers. I view warranty as a secondary issue considering companies in all categories these days seem to do whatever they can to find a way to void your warranty should you need any major repairs.

carleb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bought a Hustler Raptor SD 60", with Kawasaki engine, last year. Been totally pleased, other than the foot manual adjust deck. There might be a better adjustment system out there. Otherwise, it's a beast of a mower!

Last edited:

jfssms

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Those that are considering Hustler or Big Dog mowers should consider two of the best servicing dealers in the state, Mike's LE in Harrah and Rice small engine in Ada

Okiedog

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a 50" cut commercial Bad Boy that until this yr. has been a fantastic mower. Just started the 6th season with 335 hrs and motor shelled. 23hp motors aren't cheap.

davek

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I got the Tor Timecutter 5060 20 months ago. It has the 23 Hp Kawasaki engine and 50" deck, My yard is a pretty rough surface so the mower has to be tough. My previous lawnmower needed gussets welded on to the frame in corners to reinforce it so it would hold together. I have no complaints about the Toro, no reinforcement necessary. And it's carrying a heavier load (me and the blubber I've added).
I just put fresh blades on it last weekend. That and regular oil/filter changes and lube are all I've done to it.
I also bought one of those heavy duty lifts from Tractor Supply last year so I can jack it up easily to clean out the deck and remove the blades for sharpening or replacement. When I replaced the blades the job took about 5 minutes using the jack. I does take up space in the garage, but not too much since I placed it so it's under the front end of the truck when I park it in the garage.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Bought a Hustler Raptor SD 60", with Kawasaki engine, last year. Been totally pleased, other than the foot manual adjust deck. There might be a better adjustment system out there. Otherwise, it's a beast of a mower!

Having had a failed hydraulic deck lift that was $500 to replace, I think the manual foot lift is just dandy! :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom