Which one would you choose?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have thought of upgrading the shifters on both, but two friends have thought the shifting was really good stock. One friend had a 300z, the other a Camaro who did have an upgraded hurst shifter. As for the 2014 Put 80K miles on it of power shifting and burnouts, only problem with the MT82 was a clunk when downshifting into 1st occasionally, I think the driveshaft was the issue. I did have the diff fail on the 2014 (it stopped whining and mileage went way down so it was partially locked but that whining issue I should have reported under warranty it happened at 72K miles.) Haven't auto crossed or tracked it, have "experimented" on the street with the racing computer in drag mode. Yes, I do get it that 1/4 times don't mean crap until you get to the track and actually try to beat the clock. I can say this, the 2019 has been faster that a 2014 and 2016 Mustang, faster than a Hemi 392 charger, Faster than a 6.4 Challenger and Faster than a 2018 Camaro SS. It was slower than a BMW M5 with a double nickel roll, but not much. I did lose one totally to a GMC Terrain AT4 due to worn rear tires and I kept spinning them. BTW, the Terrain was not stock, he spun all four tires. I didn't realize he was racing me until the light changed, and I could hear his tires burning. I spun the rear tires, backed off and spun them again. That AT4 was definitely a sleeper.
Yeah I think the S550 PP1 is probably the best GT car for the money on the market. It can almost hang with SS 1LE on the track and not break the bank the way even an SRT 392 will these days. It's probably a better GT car than even the M4, and definitely for the money.

The only thing I can think of I'd rather have more is a GranTurismo MC and that's more about subjective factors than purely objective. :)

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Maybe go old school.
I had a 66, 67, 69 and 73 mustang.
67 and 69 would be sweet with a stout power plant.
I have also had the pinto ones and the fox bodies.

Mustangs were cheap way back then.

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
After reading through some of the later comments, forgot to mention the Gen 3 Coyote 5.0. Lot's of Torque and HP, however one of the noisiest engines because of direct injection. Another issue that may not be an issue, the cylinders are plated with cast Iron through Plasma Deposition. This gives it 3 extra cubic inches over the 1st and 2nd generation (The Voodoo 5.2 also uses this process.) If your old school you may gravitate towards 2nd gen Coyote 5.0's, since they have Cast Iron Cylinder liners. My feelings towards supercharging lean towards the 2nd Gen Motor for longevity and rebuilding if necessarily, but that's just me. Perhaps some more knowledgeable could elaborate on this. Also, any time one increases boost expect spontaneous disassembly at a later date.

Last edited:

leemozoid

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
All y'all making me want to get Xena out of the garage.
Xena.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom